It Takes Two To Get Arrested

Grian's POV------Tues, Aug. 26th 11:20 am

"You're late." I told Jimmy as he walked through the door. 

"Don't remind me." He groaned. 

"Well Jimmy, it's about time I tell you about Mumbo." I flashed. He scowled. "Grian, you've had so many fails with Mumbo, I don't even know what to say!" He muttered. "Hey! Mumbo loves me!" I defended. "Yep. He loves you enough to wallop you." He sneered.

I glared at him. "At least our relationship is going better than you and Tango's." I spat. He gasped dramatically. "How dare you!!" He snarled. "What can I say?" I asked, folding my arms. 

"You could say sorry, but then I wouldn't be speaking 'Grian'." He muttered. "You really wouldn't." I concluded. "A Pumpkin Spice Latte for Grian Hermit." A waitress announced, putting a cup on the table. "Really? It's not even September yet." He rolled his eyes. 

"You don't call this the Pumpkin Spice Café for no reason!" I chirped. "And you picked the signature drink." He curtly said. "Of course. Autumn Leaves is the next best drink!" I said. 

"I take it you're excited for October?" He asked. "Of course, dear!" I answered, taking a sip from my drink. He groaned and signaled the waitress over. "Can I have a black coffee?" He asked. "Oh no. You only order black coffee when you're mad? What now?" I asked. "Joel." He grumped. "Jimmy, it's always Joel. Be more specific." I demanded. "Fine. He and Lizzie are always talking to each other and they're never paying any attention to me. Lizzie I mean. I don't give anything for Joel to pay attention to me." He said. 

"Oi. Lizzie and Joel, are in year 10. How long have they been dating?" I asked. "2 years. So year 8 to year 9." Jimmy said. "And are they planning on going to the Fall Fling together?" I asked. "I'd be surprised if they weren't." Jimmy answered. "Okay then. My theory: They're getting married after year 11." I said, taking a sip from the drink. I felt coffee drops all over me. Jimmy had obviously spit on me. 

"Oi! Thank's a lot mate'." I muttered, taking the nearby napkins. 

"If I have any luck left, Lizzie will dump Joel before the Fall Fling." He said in a deadpanned tone. I rolled my eyes. 

He got up from the table and threw his coffee cup away. "Hey! I thought we were coming here to talk about Mumbo!" I called. "We were. And I changed my mind." He said. "So you're just gonna leave me to the bill?!" I snarled. "Course not. Imma leave you with my bill as well." He said, sticking a long piece of white paper on the table. 

Katherine's POV------Tues, Aug. 26th 2:45 pm

Shrub carried the bottles of 'bubbly' out of the trunk of the car and I carried the 'Lays', potato chips. We walked up the stairs and put it on the front porch where my Mom proceeded to come out. "Hey girls." She greeted warmly and started hugging me. Shrub chuckled through her scarf as I desperately tried to gather air. 

"MoM! ToO-tIgHt!" I wheezed. She loosened her grip and then let go. I felt my face was blue for sure. I rubbed my neck to make sure air was still circulating. Still breathing? Good. 

Shrub had begun a conversation with my Mom while I was busy trying to stay alive. "Thanks for helping me get my air through." I said sarcastically. Shrub rolled her eyes at me knowingly. "Katherine, get over it. That was .12 seconds ago." She joked. I grumped. 

Mom started laughing. "Katherine is it too late to ask Shrub out to the Fall Fling?" She asked. "mOm!!" I yelled, immediately putting my hand over her mouth. Shrub's face turned instantly red. "You and your Mom been-talking?" Shrub stuttered. 

I laughed nervously. "Nope!! She's such a jokester!! Right Mom?!" I gritted my teeth with the last part of the sentence. 

"Why yes Katherine!" She answered, and then winked at me. I sighed irritably. 

"So girls, what's with the sudden grocery run?" Mom asked. "We're planning a movie night with Pearl, Lizzie, and Gem!" Shrub answered excitedly. "A girls night?" Mom asked. "A girls night!" Shrub said. 

"You know, I remember my girls night days. Grace and I wou-" "Mom! We've heard quite enough of the 80's. Now can you PLEASE help us with this popcorn maker?" I asked, fidgeting with the stupid thing. 

Mom gave me the 'you're so dead' look. "Just for that comment, no!" She laughed. "And I really hope you used YOUR money to but that!" She added before walking into the house. 

"We're not inviting Lauren?" Shrub asked, lugging the 'bubbly' with her. "I called her, but she said she was busy." I shrugged. "Oh." Shrub said. 

We continued moving stuff in and out of the trunk and into the house. 

Shrub began falling down, which wouldn't have been a big surprise, considering how short she is. A little ball fell out, and my cat instincts took over. I began biting it. "Oh KiTtY cAt!" Shrub called from the front porch. "You wanna focus?" She yelled. I rolled my eyes. 

"My little Shrub, you are small, adorable, and quite the little mushroom." I grinned, picking her up. My face shouldn't have turned red but it did. And I think hers did too. 

Scott's  POV------Tues, Aug. 26th 3:00 pm

I groaned, getting up from my nap. 

I walked into the kitchen where Xornoth was eating fried chicken from last night. "Good morning Elsa." They said. I scoffed. "I don't think Elsa had bedhead." I pointed out. "Probably right. But anyways-" 

SLAM! Went the door. Mum came it sobbing like a baby before shutting her bedroom door. Another loud slam. 

A disgruntled Lauren was close behind, holding something like 5 bags of groceries. "What happened?" I asked as she sat down at the table.  

"It turns out the guy Mum was dating was the older brother of one of her ex-husbands and he dumped her on the subway." Lauren answered. 

"Whoa." Xornoth muttered under their breath. "Harsh." I said. "Yep. And that guy apparently was one of those people who disemboweled that dog." Lauren said. I rolled my eyes. Well, almost. 

"Lauren, who are you texting?" I asked. "Liz'. We're meeting at Grian's house in 5 minutes to watch Fonos." She answered. "Ah." I said. 

Xornoth had gotten up from the table and was now grabbing their coat. "Where're you going?" I asked. "Joey's." They answered. "Ah, your sweet babboo?" I asked, imitating Sally Brown. "Yes. My sweet babboo." They answered sarcastically.

I sighed. 

I wanted to see Jimmy. 

Is it wrong I've had a crush on him for 4 years now? But he's got a boyfriend. So there's no hope for me. Besides, they're pretty serious. What to do now? Head to Gem's and annoy her until she agrees to bake cookies with me? Rant about Jimmy? Talk until her ears fall off? 

Yes.