Chapter 1: The Beginning

Hi! My name is Brownie... Well, everyone just calls me Arabian. At least that's what I thought, because Master always called me that, like... "Arabian, don't eat my hat!" or "Arabian, are you drinking from my water barrel again?" Arabian this, Arabian that, and I still couldn't understand why I wasn't supposed to eat his hat.

Anyways, a long time ago, my mother, Annastasia, gave birth to me. I only know this because my friend, Nibbles, who is a very wise cream-colored-with-a-light-brown-mane Shetland Pony, told me. He was there that long time ago and knew how I was born. Soon after I was weaned, my mother was sold. You see, I live with horses coming and going. At that point I thought my mother had just left me because she didn't love me, but now I understand what happened.

-------------------------

My story starts out when I was about thirty months old (two and a half years). I know it sounds young for you humans but not for horses! My mother had been sold a year before. Nibbles told me that someday I would go with her. I was shocked to hear that because I thought that she was angry at me and at all the things that were at the place where we lived. I was very sad to see her go and many times felt a tear force itself out of where it belonged.

"It's okay," said Nibbles, "You'll have lots more friends leave."

"Will you leave too?" I asked desperately.

"No I don't think Master would allow that," he said with a twinkle in his eye.

I walked to my stall a bit puzzled. I didn't know what Master had to do with Nibbles staying or leaving. Was Master really that nice that he wouldn't let my best friend go? The one who calls me Arabian? Maybe we aren't talking about the same Master... but who would be the other master that Nibbles was talking about? I wanted to continue our conversation so badly and understand better that I almost didn't obey when Master told me to go to my stall to sleep quickly. I couldn't wait to hear what Nibbles had to say.

[A/N
Hey guys! First chapter is out! I'm so excited! How do you like it so far? This chapter was a filler chapter so please be patient!
I've decided to do a qotd so here's today's:
What's your favorite animal? (Leave it in the comments)
I have so many! My top two are dogs and horses! Have a great day and keep reading! The picture up there is Brownie!
PS: tell me what you think of the actual cover because I can't decide on what I should put up there]