Daughter of Nightmares

Okay people I'm trying to churn out as many ideas as I can in three days, so if these aren't the best right now because I haven't gone back and edited it yet. So thank you for reading this far. I'm warning you know that this chapter does include suggestive violence.

After the man left the room the girl began to whimper and move in her sleep clearly in the grasp of a nightmare. In her mind she saw a man in front of her. He had dark hair reaching down to his shoulder and he was wearing a suit of green linen underneath a bright red cloak. The rest of his features were unknown to her as she trailed after him as I walked through the crowd. I didn't dare to make a sound as I followed him.In this case it was for me to stay as silent as possible. I didn't want to attract attention from the carnival goers. To do so, it  could mean the difference between life and death for me. It wasn't easy to stay quiet due to all the action going on around me. Freaks and the common population, both clashing together underneath the flashing gas lights, the population blissfully ignorant about the hunters stalking around them. I couldn't help but feel sorry the naive party goers as well as the young girls who believe that monsters in books. When in reality the are hunters of another breed. By tomorrow there will be be new missing new person reports from the concerned friends and family members for people who never returned from this carnival.

This nightmare was one of many that she was victim to every night. Life on the streets combined with nightmare made it impossible to sleep decently. She knew if she didn't get a warm shelter to sleep in before the winter months come again this could be the last year she spends on earth.

Oooh cliffhanger. What do you think happened that night? Tell me in the comments below. I know that this chapter was short but I'm just setting up for what going o to happen. I bet that pretty much everyone has an idea who are dark shadow is, but who is the gypsy girl and the man infecting her dreams?