Child of the Night

As his thoughts wandered, the girl in the bed began to wake. He only noticed when she sat up and noticed him.

"Where am I, who are you?" She shouted as soon as she noticed him sitting next to her. The man turned to her and she let out a gasp as she noticed the masking sitting on his face. It was an odd mask, it covered the forehead, eyes, and the skin around his mouth but the chin was left bare. The only skin the was visible was a small patch around his eyes and from his lips down.

"Please calm down Mademoiselle, you are in my house below the opera house. You fell asleep in the chapel so you wouldn't be caught by the night guard." She still seemed frightened, and he realised that she was probably scared, being moved in her sleep only to wake up in an unfamiliar room with a masked man staring at her. She was still frightened but she seemed to settle down once she woke up more.

"Did you say, under, the opera house?" The masked man nodded his head at the statement" Who are you?" she asked him some what still hesitant.

"My name I Erik, and your Mademoiselle?" He asked, trying to polite as he could.

" My name is Esmeralda, is it just Erik? No surname?" She asked as she titled her head to one side while looking at him.

"I have a surname Moiselle, it's Destler, but Erik if fine, no need for titles." He said looking down toward the floor as if embarrassed. As he peered down the Esmeralda studied him. He was tall about 6,3 a good head above her, he was thin but built like the trapeze dancers she performed with. Dressed in black dress pant with matching shoes, coat, cummernund tucked into a white shirt that was concealed underneath a cloak.

Thats it for this chapter, have a good day.