3. Collision

On one stormy night, Binna had just left dance practice and was on her way home

On one stormy night, Binna had just left dance practice and was on her way home. The rain slamming against the car windows as she drives her way down the dark road. She turned the music volume down focusing on the road ahead of her.

After stopping at the stop sign and waiting for the other car to pass her, she continues to drive down the dark road. However, she didn't see the speeding car making it's way towards her. By the time her mind could register the danger ahead it was too late.

The car hit her on the driver side and with the impact sent her car rolling into a ditch. During the collisionshe hit her head, which knocked her out immediately after the impact.

Thankfully, there were other drivers on the road that witnessed this traumatic scene, who called the ambulance. BEcause according to the doctors, if they had been five minutes late, Binna would've been dead. This brought Binna's parents into tears as they watched their daughter peacefully sleeping in the hospital bed, with a breathing machine attached in her nose.

Due to the head trauma and multiple broken bones. Binna had to be put into a coma until the Doctor deemed it was safe enough for her to be woken up. However, it had been 5 days since the incident and there were still no changes in her condition.

Her parents booked the first flight they could get to New Zealand as soon as they heard the news. When they knew they told the doctor and nurses to keep this under wraps but unfortunately that didn't happen. By the Time they landed in New Zealand, everyone pretty much knew about the collision.

They didn't have any privacy and they couldn't be angrier. As soon as they stepped out of the airport that was bombarded with news reports that kept asking about Biina's condition. TO which her parents didn't answer none of them, and continued to make their way to their taxi with their heads down.

As soon as they seen their daughter they could help but to break down. This is the worst they ever saw her, and they really wished they didn't have to. Binna always kept herself put together, and elegant but this just wasn't her. She practically looked dead.

Everyday her parents went to the hospital and stayed with her until it was time for them to freshen up and eat. They did this for a month, and to their relief the news reporters and paparazzi had seemed to focus on something else, leaving them alone.

After a month, Binna had woken up and was completely different. She was basically mute and only stared into random objects. According to the Doctors it was completely normal for patients to act like this after waking up from a month long coma, but her parents still wasn;t convinced. Even when she was a little girl she would never stop talking. The only time they experienced her like this when when they moved from South Korea. They didn't want to live through that again.

So everyday they came to visit her, and talked to her about random things. The twenty year old girl would only just stare the the bland walls while her parents talked. On one particular day, they decided that it was time for her friends to come and visit her to see if that would bring her back to her happy girl that they once knew.

Kirsten and Parris were the first to come, and once they saw her they just bursted into tears. Seeing their sister like that broke their heart and they couldn't handle it. Without hesitation they both ran over to her and just dubbed as they hugged her close to their chest.

Seeming to come back to reality, Binna started crying as well and held onto her friends. They stayed like this for a few minutes, until they all calmed down. They wanted to talk about the heavy situation, so they started talking about how their life has been since she was in the hospital.

Binna even talked back as she gave her comments about some girl that Parris was gossiping about. They were having a good time just catching up with each other and by the end of the day Binna seems to be back to her normal self.

About 1 more month, Binna was finally able to leave the hospital and she couldn't be happier. She couldn't wait to get into her home clothes, take a relaxing bath in her big tub, and eat her home-cooked meals. Binna's parents were happy to see her daughter smile, but before they all left the hospital. Binna was told by the doctor that she couldn't dance for a year because of her broken bone.

Her happy mood instantly changed into depression when the doctor told her this. There was no way that she could just not dance for A whole year. However, if she ever wanted to dance again someday she would have to listen to the doctor.

3 months into her dance break she wanted a change. She wasn't doing anything considering that dancing was her career and she couldn't do that, so there was nothing for her to do. She was tired of seeing headlines of "the world's most famous dancer's career destroyed by a car accident. Or 'where is Jae?''. It was a constant and she hated it.

So without telling anyone. She left New Zealand, and moved back to the United States where she decided to further her education and get aways from the dance world.

 She left New Zealand, and moved back to the United States where she decided to further her education and get aways from the dance world