Chapter 17

A few weeks had passed since the entire Sage and Shuko fiasco began, Sakura hadn't heard anything about Sage returning to school or anything from her aunt about her mother or her fiancé.

Although things started to look up finally, Sakura knew to never let her guard down. She wanted to believe everything was peachy and perfect but she knew her life could never be just that. She knows when things are quiet like they are, people are planning and she needed to prepare herself if or when something was set to happen.

"Sakura, you have mail!" Shizune yelled walking back in the house.

"Oh yeah?" Sakura said walking from the kitchen. "Yup it looks like your friend wrote you." Shizune said as Sakura nearly snatched the letter from her.

"It's from Ino! I have to go read this right now." Sakura said.

"Hold it missy! Atleast finish making your breakfast because you have to leave for school in a bit." Shizune said.

"It's fine! I'll read it fast!" Sakura said zooming upstairs to her room.

Hurriedly she opened the envelope, unfolding the paper inside, reading the first ever letter Ino sent to her.

Dear Forehead (Sakura)
This feels kind of weird, I really wish I could just text you but this will do for now. My first few weeks here have been kind of tough, I'm experiencing alot of morning sickness and it's very difficult making friends, I need your charm for that, to me, you've always been able to make friends easily, I really miss you, Temari, TenTen, and Hinata, things just aren't the same, and I can't believe I still have eight full more months here. I won't say I regret anything because what's done has been done, I just wish things could've been done differently and that this came at a different time in my life. Use me as an example, if you and Sasuke are thinking about going all the way, be protected. Also, how has school been? Are those girls still picking on you? Is everyone still fine? I won't know until everyone writes back of course, I just hope you guys are thriving like I know you can. I really love and miss you guys, especially you forehead, you're my best friend, you've always been in my corner and it's rough trying to adjust without that here, I hope to see you guys soon. Please continue to thrive and be yourself, you're a bright light everyone needs at a time of darkness. You're special Sak, and I love you for that. Send me pictures of you guys!

Sincerely, Your Ino-pig

"Oh pig.." Sakura said as she gently smiled at the paper, watching as a small teardrop fell on the paper. "I'll start writing back immediately, even though I'm sure it'll probably overwhelm her with everything I've been through." Sakura spoke to herself.

"Sakura! Sasuke is here, come on down it's time for you to leave for school!" Shizune yelled from downstairs.

Sakura didn't shout back, she folded up her friend's letter placing it in one of her folders so it wouldn't get crumpled up, and she headed right downstairs.

"Here, your lunch for today and your breakfast, share some with Sasuke on the train if it's too much." Shizune said.

"Thank you, I appreciate it." Sakura said.

"No problem, you two be safe heading to school." Shizune said watching the two of them leave the house.

"You seem happy this morning." Sasuke said grabbing Sakura's hand as Sakura looked up at him smiling. "I am! I got my first letter from Ino! I plan on starting to write my letter back to her when we get to school." Sakura said.

"That's good, what did it say?"

"Oh she was just explaining to me how it's been for her at her new school, she says she's trying to adjust but it's been a challenge and she asked how everyone was doing and how I was doing, you know."