VII. home sweet home

seven. ˗ˏˋ⛧ .ೃ
1x9, home

❛ don't let him abandon you ❜

━━━━━ THE MORNING STARTED EXACTLY as Leia had began to expect them to. Sam was up, bright and early, Dean waking an hour or two later. Leia was the last to awaken, always finding the pain in her back getting worse and worse, with every night spent sleeping on uncomfortable motel sofas or curling up in chairs.

She didn't mention to the brothers how much it was beginning to hurt, aware they had much larger problems. The pain always subsided when she took her painkillers in the morning for the healing wound on her stomach.

"All right. I've been cruisin' some websites." Dean interrupted the silence in the room. Sam was sat on his bed, furiously scribbling into a notebook, not having looked up at the other two in the room for at least twenty minutes. "I think I found a few candidates for our next gig. A fishing trawler found off the coast of Cali — its crew vanished. And, uh, we got some cattle mutilations in West Texas."

"Oh, lovely." Leia drawled, sarcasm heavy in her voice. She slumped her head down onto the table, tired from her long night of waking up every half an hour.

Silence sat in the air, Sam not replying to his brother. At the lack of a response, they both turned to him, finding him nose-deep in his notebook, still scribbling and drawing something he'd refused to show Leia.

"Hey." Dean called, attempting to get his attention. Sam finally looked up, Dean unamused at his brother's lack of interest. "Am I boring you with this hunting evil stuff?" Leia quirked a smile at his sarcasm.

"No. I'm listening." He lied, eyes flickering between them both. "Keep going."

"And, here, a Sacramento man shot himself in the head. Three times." Yet, Sam still wasn't paying attention. Dean waved a hand in front of his face, progressively becoming more irritated at how Sam was ignoring him. "Any of these things blowin' up your skirt, pal?"

His attention, however, wasn't on Dean. As if a lightbulb had lit in his head, the youngest Winchester sat up, gripping his notebook tightly. "Wait. I've seen this." Sam muttered, a vital discovery imminent.

"Seen what?" Dean inquired, watching his brother with curious eyes.

Sam didn't offer a reply, silently clambering off his bed, kicking the blanket away from him as he stood. Leia sat up, watching curiously as he approached his duffel bag and began to rummage through it, desperate to find something within the depths of his belongings.

Sitting back to gain a better view of Sam, Dean watched with barely concealed judgement. "What are you doing?" He asked, a mixture between curious and annoyed.