VIII. dog on a leash

nine. ˗ˏˋ⛧ .ೃ
1x10, asylum

❛ you're no more than a job ❜

━━━━━ SAT CROSS-LEGGED ON Sam's made bed — Dean's was still messy, and she wasn't risking sitting down on that —, Leia's laptop balanced bed on her knees, back hunched awkwardly as she typed furiously on her keyboard.

Sam and Dean were still debating the matter of their father; the fact they'd made no contact with him, and he hadn't been there in Kansas. She felt for the two brothers, but their bickering was enough to drive anyone insane. Within the month she'd been on the road with them, she'd already learnt several tactics on how to block them out.

"Hey, Loveluck!" A clap brought her head out of her mind, frightened as she swiftly looked up. Dean's brows were raised, leant forwards on his chair, unimpressed by her lack of attention. "We borin' you or something, princess?" He drawled, sitting back in his chair, laptop light casting a shadow over his face.

Her eyes narrowed into a sharp glare instantly. "Don't call me that." She scowled when Dean's mouth tugged into a smirk, realising she'd just given him more ammunition to tease her with. "You're not boring me. I'm emailing my aunt back in New York."

Sam's head perked up. "I thought you didn't talk to your family." He swivelled on his chair to face her, concern on his face, looking across the room at her analytically.

Leia shook her head. "I don't." She agreed, much to his confusion. Even Dean blinked at her, lost. "But," she began to smirk, "they saw on the news that someone by the name of Dean Winchester had tortured three women near Stanford, and that I was listed as one of the victims." Dean threw his head back with a groan, staring up at the finding, his brother beginning to snicker at his misery. "And then they realised Winchester was the last name of my college friend, so they got a bit worried."

"What'd you tell them?"

Her eyes skimmed over her own email. "Exact same thing I told the police." Leia told them, tucking loose strands of her behind her ear. Sam still looked lost, reminding her she hadn't actually explained to them what happened with the police back then. "Wasn't Dean, just some dude who looked like him." Relieved and thankful, Sam smiled at her. "That I know Dean, that he pulled me from a fire and saved my life, and definitely didn't torture me."

Raising his head, Dean looked at her strangely. "That's what you told the police?" His voice had a certain lilt to it, an odd mixture of confused and doubtful. Dean Winchester was still a mystery to Leia. It would be easier to teach a bee to speak English than it would be to get him to express his emotions (in a healthy way, that is).