Chapter Three - Alena's P.O.V

The school day was finally over. I walked out to the back parking lot and got in my car, starting it and plugging my phone into the AUX cord to play my music. On a beautiful day like this, who wouldn't want to listen to Nine in the Afternoon  by Panic! At the Disco on full blast? 

Although I had a lot of homework, I was glad to be going home. I didn't get a lot of sleep last night, and I was certainly looking forward to my after school nap. 

Everything was wonderful, the sun was shining, I was singing along to the radio, but when my car came to a red light, I noticed someone walking along the sidewalk. And of course, who else would it be but Tyler? 

I called out to him, "Tyler!!" as loud as I could out my open window, but why would I expect him to not have his headphones in?

"TYLER!!!" I yelled back out to him again, and it must have been somewhat l loud enough to hear that time because he turned around. "Get in the car, I'll drive you home." I shouted to him, slightly quieter now that his earbuds were out. 

"It's fine, I-" 

"Tyler the light is about to change so get in the car before it's too late." I interrupted, and just as I said, the moment he shut the passenger side door and settled into the car, the light changed.  "Why were you walking? Don't you have your license?"

"License yes, car no." He spoke, feeling a bit more confident talking to me. 

"Well if you ever need a ride anywhere just let me know. Did you get my text?" I had texted him before the end of lunch to make sure he had my number, so there was no way that Tyler wouldn't be able to reach me at this point. 

"Yes I did get your text, but you don't have to do that." He was winding his headphones back up and sliding them into the pocket of his black pants. 

"Tyler listen to me it isn't a problem. Do you always walk to and from school every day?"

"For the most part, yeah." 

"Okay, then for now I'm driving you to school and driving you home. End of discussion." He certainly didn't seem like he wanted me doing him the favor, but his only arguments were that he felt bad. And honestly, I missed him; I wanted to get to know him again. "Do you like Panic! At the Disco? If not I can change it, this just came on from the previous song." Lying is the Most Fun a Girl Can Have without Taking Her Clothes Off  had just come on. 

"I like them, you can keep it on if you want but you don't have to. It's your car, your radio."

"If you like it then I'll keep it on." I looked over at him for a second, and he just rolled his eyes and mouthed okay  and looked out the window. He didn't talk or sing along, but I sang along. I couldn't listen to music I knew and loved and not sing along, so I did regardless of Tyler being in the car. And eventually, he even started singing, too. 

"Let's get these teen hearts beating faster and faster!"  We both sang at the top of our lungs, I laughed and listened to Tyler sing by himself, and when he wasn't just messing around, he had a beautiful voice. And again, he seemed much more comfortable with me than earlier today. 

The song ended, and Tyler looked over at me, "You know, I never pinned you for someone who was into alternative music or anything of the sorts."

"Let me guess, you thought I was into pop music and boybands and all of that?"

"Yeah, I did..." Tyler laughed. I loved his laugh. It was so genuine and real. It just made you want to laugh with him.

"Well I kind of listen to everything... When we first started middle school the only thing I listened to was boybands and Taylor Swift, but during seventh grade I started listening to more Alternative and punk music, so I listen to a bit of everything now. Depends on what I'm in the mood for."