Chapter Twenty Seven - Alena's P.O.V

I was about to drop my face into my bowl of Lucky Charms when Tess came bursting through the doorway with her typical bright smile on her face, and of course, something to say.

"Good morning everyone!" Tess chirped, looking across the room at everyone. She had a notepad tucked between her underarm and torso and a pen secured between her fingers.

    "Tess, it's 1:30 in the afternoon, you can't really say good morning anymore." Sydni said, laughing.    

    "Well now that everyone is finally awake," Tess turned to face the table I was seated at and raised her eyebrows at me, but I couldn't even care that she was singling me out. I was exhausted. I had just woken up about five minutes ago and made myself a bowl of cereal, then came into the main room where everyone was sitting around on the couch watching TV and going through their phones, some conversing about the car ride and whatever. But I was too tired to care. In fact, I didn't even know what time it was until Sydni had sarcastically mentioned it to Tess. "I think it's time that we go over the plans for the rest of the day, we may have quite a bit of time but we don't want any of it to go to waste!" I loved Tess, and usually her bubbly, peppy personality brought out a happier, more positive side of me, but not right now.

    "And what is on the agenda today?" Shayna asked, sarcasm in her tone just as Sydni had. I think it was fair to say that although I had slept a little later than everyone else, we were all in the same boat on not being in a rush to go anywhere and do stuff.

    "I looked through the activities list that your aunt had put together Alena, sorry I wasn't going through your stuff, you just left it on the dresser and I noticed it when I went to check in on you earlier this morning, so I thought I would give it a peek and see if I could put anything together."

    "No harm done." I groaned as I inhaled another spoonful of the soggy glazed cereal bits; all of the marshmallows had already been eaten.

    "Okay, so since half the day is sort of already gone, I decided to look towards more evening/night time activities." Tess pulled the notebook out from under her arm and started reading off of the list. "Okay, so we all have a bit to get ready and freshen up, Alena you may have some unpacking or settling in you would like to do, but around 2:30 we can head out, there is this place not far from here with mini golf, go karts, and an arcade if you guys are into that. So we can go over there and hang around for a little, play some mini golf and do some racing, then we can stop at home for a bit to get changed and we can go somewhere for dinner, then spend a night on the town? We can go look through some shops, maybe get ice cream before the end of the night, just walk around for a little and see the area."

    "Sounds great Tess, thank you for putting all of that together." Jess said, standing up from the couch to grab a water bottle from the mini fridge in the corner of the room. "So, how about we all go get ready and at 2:30 we'll break and head out?" Everyone got up and headed off to their spaces. I was in the master bedroom today, but that was just what wasn't taken and where I fell asleep. Mikayla, Tess, and Sydni were all in what was my cousins' room, where there was one twin size bed and a bunk bed with two twins. Then Shayna and Jess were sleeping in the living room on the pull out couch, and Mina slept on an air mattress and Liz on the couch in the main room.

    I went to my room and got changed, then lightly straightened my hair and brushed my teeth. Once I was all ready, I did some unpacking and settled into my room. I didn't mind that I had the room to myself for now; I mean, no one seemed to be rushing to share it with me, so I would be fine. If I ever did want to sleep anywhere else, there was certainly space.

    After everything was unpacked and I was ready to go, there was still a bit of time before we would be heading out the door. So, I joined Tess at the table in the main room where I ate my breakfast. She had been flipping through the activities list yet again and jotting some more things in her notebook.