Chapter One

A/N: Unedited

Sharpay Laurent Lee

"Darn it!" I cursed, my frustration bubbling over my head. In my entire life, I'd never lost an online game.  Who the heck was this?  A newbie to the online community, pero kung umasta akala mo sya na ang pinakamagaling.

I slammed my hand onto the keyboard, then took a deep breath to calm myself. I couldn't lose to this newbie. I wouldn't let that happen.

I accepted the invitation, I chose the best character and skin and leveled up my character's skills to give them an edge over the game. This game is already frustrating enough, then you have to deal with a cocky newbie on top of it all. Tsk!

Another round started, and I focused all my attention to the game. To be honest, I'd been glued to the computer for half a day now, but no matter what I tried, I couldn't beat this newbie, ang nakakainis pa sobrang mapang-asar nya. Pagnatatalo ako sinesendan nya ako ng GIF na tumatawa tapos may neon word na 'loser'. Malapit ko na syang patulan kaso pinili ko nalang manahimik baka mas lalo pa akong asarin lalo na't kasali sa game yung mga friends ko online. Well, Life can be a real pain sometimes, huh? But hey, I'm Sharpay, and I don't give up easily.  As for this newbie? She's going to learn that I'm not one to be underestimated. Game on!

Nagchat ako sa kanya para tanungin sya. Kunwari humahanga ako sa kanya. It was impossible for someone to be this good at the game – it was a brand-new MMORTS, unless sya mismo ang creator ng game.

Me: Hey! Where did you learn those techniques? I mean, your game strategies are amazing!

Skywalker00: From the deep dark corners of the internet, my friend.🤣🤣🤣

I rolled my eyes. This person was clearly not going to give me a straight answer. Basta, convinced ako na may secrets sya na tinatago. Pag malaman kong may cheat sya i-eexpose ko talaga sya.

Maya-maya lang ininvite nya ako sa isa pang round, this time magkakampi na kami. Without hesitation, I accepted her invitation. Nang mag-simula na ang laro, napamura nalang ako. No way!  She wasn't using cheats, sadyang magaling lang talaga sya! wow!

Hold on! Napakurap ako at napatingin sa screen ng computer ko. Nagbukas sya ng camera pero naka-cap sya black at naka-mask kaya hindi ko makita ang face nya. But I could see her school uniform –  and darn it, she was a girl! And a student, just like me.

Wow! And she's incredibly skilled at the game? Then, in an instant, she unleashed her ultimate secret moves, wiping out all our opponents with a single strike. I was speechless, utterly disbelieving. Unbelievable! Was this really happening?! I was shocked.

After the game, we won. She chuckled as she turned off her cam. I could still hear her giggling on the other end of the line, and she even started singing, teasing our opponents. I smirked, listening to her. Crazy girl, but heck!  She was amazing at this game, and I couldn't deny it.

🎶You're a loser, I'm the winner.
You're Mama hit your butt. 3X🎶

Natawa ako habang pinapakinggan sya na nang-aasar sa opponents namin. Makikisali na sana ako sa asaran nang biglang bumukas ang door ng room ko kaya napapitlag ako. Paglingon ko muka ni Mommy ang bumungad saakin. Halatang galit sya.