Chapter 18

_ . _

Chapter 18

The gentle breeze enters the window on a balcony of a large abode located near the ponds of a forest. Looking at the forest closely, it's like the forest Samael entered around the Palace of Athens. The breeze brushed through Samael's eyes, brushing him awake until he slowly opened his eyes, blinded by the ray of sun coming from the opened window of the bedroom.

Samael stared blankly at the ceiling. So many things happened at the banquet. He met several renowned gods and goddesses, bumped into his despicable half sister, Euadne, who tried to seduce Erichthonius, and, most importantly, the gods and goddesses of Olympus are already aware of his mother's curse.

Samael pondered for himself. This is going according to my plan. Soon, I must go to the temple of the three sisters who spin the thread of fate and ask them about my future. Only then can I see the future I hold; i must somehow do something about it to prevent others from dying.

Samael wanted to laugh at himself. He wants to save the innocents, yet those very innocents he wants to save must've wanted him dead. His curse is still a mystery, and he can't ask Hephaestus anymore. Though I want to ask him more about my curse since he's the first to notice it, I don't want to go back to his temple just for that. I'll go along with my plan first.

"Ugh, I need to get up." Samael was about to get off the bed when he felt a strong force pulling him back. His back bumped into a hard wall, followed by a hand wrapping around his waist.

"This guy..." Samael lowered his gaze and glanced at Erichthonius, who was deep asleep, his brows knitted into a frown as he held onto Samael like a child that doesn't want to be left off.

Samael rolled his eyes. He still doesn't forget the young king's detestable gaze when he told him to know his place. Now the very man who said those cruel words to him is now clinging to him like a fool. Samael frowned and stared at the ceiling, deep in thought. It's odd for him to suddenly turn over a new leaf.

However, remembering Erichthonius' words and his face, which displays exhaustion as if he's tired of playing puppet and wants to break free from his chains, Samael understood what he felt. Maybe, not entirely assuming the situation, that made the young king feel sympathetic to him, giving both of them mutual understanding.

"Ugh! But this clinginess is too much!" Samael scowled as he pushed Erichthonius' body away from him. He pinched the young king's cheeks and tapped his face twice. "My king, how about you wake up? I'm feeling sore because of you."

Erichthonius abruptly opened his eyes and stared at Samael. Samael's eyebrows twitched as he stared back at the young king with a conflicted expression. "What's the matter?"

Erichthonius closed his eyes and pulled Samael closer to him, murmuring words. "But we haven't done anything."

Samael's veins were popping out of his forehead as he smacked Erichthonius' head, yelling at him. "THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEAN!"

Samael irritatingly grabbed the bell on the side table and rang it aggressively while the young king stood up from the bed in confusion, caressing his head and pulsing because of the pain. "You're abusing your husband," Erichthonius said to him.

"Because you're not listening to me," Samael replied back.

Soon after, a knock was heard from the door, followed by a sweet voice coming from a woman. "My Lord? Your Majesty? I came here by your call."