Chapter 1

This story is all in Mikasa's POV

-

-

I carried my scouts uniform over my shoulder. Armin and Eren were walking just about two steps behind me. I didn't want to go to training today. You want to know why? It's because I had to see him again. I really hated him. Why? It's because he beat up Eren. What was really funny about everything though was that just about a month ago he kissed me! On the lips! It was my first kiss but it wasn't his. I know lame right. At the time I thought it was perfect. The way he gently planted the slightest peck on my lips before I looked away. I had been so shy a month ago, especially around boys... especially around Levi. I entered the training room where nobody was seen. As usually Armin, Eren and I arrived first. But, Armin and Eren left because they got orders from Hanji Zoe. I slipped my gear on and rolled my neck back. For some reason, even though I knew I was alone, I felt like someone was watching me. I then began to stretch. It felt good to create tension between my aching muscles. It was so quiet that I could hear my own breath. Slowly I heard footsteps.

"Ackerman?"

I recognized his voice. I looked up at him.

"Hey." Levi said it to me like nothing happened.

"Hi." I answered back.

"Where's Eren and Armin?"

"Oh...they got orders from Hanji." I replied.

"So I guess we are the only ones here." He said.

I hesitated to answer but then I finally said yes. He stood just about 12 inches away from me and began to stretch. I took a quick glance at him. "What are you staring at brat?" Levi questioned. "Nothing..." I replied. Then neither of us spoke a word to each other. Just there standing 12 inches apart in complete silence. You would think it was awkward, but it really wasn't. I didn't dare to look at him because I knew we would make eye contact and he would make me do 50 laps or something.

"Um....." he said.

"Um...it's about Sasha."

Sasha? I thought to myself. Why would he be thinking about Sasha?

"What about Sasha?" I asked.

"Well since her birthday is coming up,uh I thought I'd maybe get her something." Levi shrugged. "And you're her best friend, so you should know right?"

"Get her a new pair of shoes." I said.

" Shoes, do you think that's too much?"

"Look Levi, If you want to impress her, get her shoes. Her shoes are all rusty." I explained.

"Oh Okay." He said.

He didn't disagree with me, he always disagrees with me. That means he is trying to impress Sasha. This made me mad,not jealous,but mad.

"So, why are you trying to impress Sasha?" I asked. But, my annoying tone caused him to smirk.

"I'm not trying to impress her. I just thought I would get a friend something nice on their birthday." He smiled fully this time. I never seen him smile so wide before.

" I heard birthday!" Sasha sprung into the room out of nowhere.

We both were shocked to see her. We both thought we were still alone.

Sasha joined us, then she began to do her stretches. Sasha looked very pretty today. She always did. Her her was tied into a ponytail like usual.

The whole squad entered the room.

"Okay squad Levi! I want to announce that one of you will be taught to do a special attack form from me. And it's between Sasha and Mikasa."Levi said.

Sasha and I looked at each other. Sasha rolled her eyes and hoped Levi hadn't seen. I made a weird face and hoped he hadn't seen either.