Chapter 7

After the expedition we all went to Sasha's Place to celebrate her birthday! For three hours we would celebrate Sasha's birthday, the biggest event of the year. Every year Sasha had to one up from last years party. She was a firm believer in bigger means better. To say the least, we never know what to expect. Every year she would pick a certain food for her theme, this years theme is candy. After getting ready, I push the door open. I meet up with Sasha and Eren in the hallway. 

" This isn't fair. You're not supposed to look better than me, I'm the birthday girl."Sasha said making fake crying noises. 

"Shut up, I do not look better than you at all." I spoke truthfully as I checked out Sasha's outfit. 

I was so glad Hanji was also in shorts so I didn't dress too casually. 

"So who's coming?" Hanji asked. 

Sasha checked her phone before answering. "Uhhh, so far it's just us, some of some old cadet friends, and I think you guys know Aspyn, and then there's Jean, Eren, Armin, Connie, Reiner, Berthdolt, Glen, and... I'm not sure if he's coming yet but Levi probably. 

"Levi,who?" I asked dumbly.

"Ackerman....." Sasha answered looking at me weirdly. 

"Uh, I was just um... making sure that it wasn't anyone from the cadets..." I said saving myself.

" Mikasa, this is Glen." Sasha introduced me to a hot blondie.

"Hey." He spoke to me... even his voice was hot.

"Hey..." I answered back coolly. 

"Let's go over there." He pointed to the direction of the family room and I followed him. 

"So whaddupp?" He asked me trying to make conversation. 

"Nothin much." I replied. 

"So wanna make out?"he sprung out of nowhere inching closer to me. 

"Um.. Uh..Um... I don't even know you."

"It's okay you're hot, I'm hot, soooo"

I dove out of the couch and landed on my feet. Then I ran the hell out of that room and out the backdoor.  I suddenly heard footsteps behind me.

Shit, it's the weird surfer dude. I thought.

"Ackerman, what are you idiot doing out here it's cold?" Levi said.

"Hi Captain......" I said. 

"You do you know that it's 20 degrees out here and you're wearing shorts."

We both sit down on a bench. I watch as he takes off his sweatshirt.

"Here, you need this more than me."he hands me his sweatshirt.

It feels comfy and warm. Wow... That was so cliche. 

"So... aren't you going to see birthday girl?" I asked.

"Yeah, but maybe later." his answer surprises me. Will he rather be out here with me?

Levi gives me a shoe box with a fresh new pair of shoes in it. 

"Remember?" He nudges my arm. 

I don't. 

"Tch, you idiot, you told me to give this to Sasha on her birthday." 

He snatches the shoes out of my hand and slowly stands up. 

"Wait....I... kinda... um.. never mind." I stutter.

Levi sits back down.

"Hmm?"

"I LIKE YOU!" I said.

He smiles then slowly walks in the house.