Chapter 9

"I didn't know you were coming."He looked like he just saw one of his comrades died. 

I gulped down and felt globs of spit swallow into the back of my throat. I thought maybe I'd puke if I didn't. He looked just as bad though, still standing in the doorway struggling to say something. Minutes passed before Sasha could save him. 

"So, are you guys gonna stand there looking at each other all day...or?" Sasha said.

I didn't say a word to either of them, sliding to the doorway straight pass Levi. I followed Sasha through the house. Everything was cleaned up from yesterday. All that remained were a few deflating balloons and a happy birthday banner. We passed by the family room where the perverted hot boy had tried to kiss me. Secretly I wished Levi would have seen that. I wished that he knew how horrible it was to feel jealous. 

"Mikasa can you stop stomping up the steps my dad is trying to sleep." Sasha said. 

"Why is he sleeping at 1:00?" some idiot asked from behind me. I didn't turn around, he didn't deserve to see my face. 

"Because he wants to. And people do what they want  to do. It's a free country."He shut up after that.

 Since Sasha didn't turn right to see her bedroom, I knew where she was taking us. She was taking us to the attic. The attic was creepy. I was surprised that Levi didn't say a word and simply followed me as I followed Sasha. With the lights on, the attic was just like any other room in this house. 

"So, this place is your attic." Levi said as I hold in my snarky comment.

"Yeah." 

We all sit on the couch while Levi avoids sitting in the middle. I do too and I end up sitting on the left side. Sasha sat right in the middle and Levi sat next to her. From last night, I thought that me and Levi were done being awkward around each other. But I was totally wrong. There was still a sense of awkwardness between us floating up in the air somewhere. But, Levi was to blame for this. He's the one who lied. He was the one caught in another girl's house after I told him how I felt! For once, I'd make the first move by asking him if he wants to hang out. But I know that I would never do that again. 

"Wow Captain, you get really quiet around Mikasa." Sasha said breaking the silence. 

"Just about an hour ago, I couldn't get you to shut up but now you're as quiet as a rock." 

He's been here for longer than an hour?

" Brat, you better watch what you say. It's a privilege to hang out with me you know." 

"But, Captain.... You do get quiet around me... why is that?"

"I don't know?"

"You don't  know!!!!!"

He shakes his head then finally looks at me but only for a second. 

"Okay... Am I missing something?" Sasha questions. 

Loud beeping erupts through the house before me or Levi could answer Sasha's question.

"Oh crap!The baked potatoes! Umm... I'll be back in a few." Sasha runs out of the room. 

From the corner of my eye I can tell that he was about to say something. I wasn't going to give him the chance to make up some stupid excuse so I ran to Sasha's bedroom. No way Levi would be dumb enough to follow me. I hear footsteps coming. It could be Sasha with the baked potatoes.... or Levi. 

" Mikasa?"