26: flag game part 2

You and Todoroki had made it back to the original spot, both taking your sweet time walking back, in no rush at all. It was clear that neither of you prioritized the game that was only meant to be another form of competitive stress relief, but you were simply too occupied by your thoughts to care.

It made no sense that you felt butterflies in your gut whenever you looked at Todoroki now, and when your hands accidentally touched as you walked. It didn't make sense that your mind replayed the sound of his laughter, and how it had lit up the evening sky for just a minute.

"BLOCK THEM!"

You turned your head towards the sound of Bakugo's loud yell, only to see Kendo and Monoma run with Class 1-A's flag in their hands. However, both you and Todoroki were too late to see them, let alone acknowledge Monoma's maniacal laughter. The only thing you saw was Bakugo and Kirishima bulldozing their way into Kendo and Monoma, who toppled over and onto you and Todoroki.

A confused noise left you at the sudden impact that had happened in less than a second. Something warm cushioned your fall, and your head bumped into something hard. It felt like a shoe. Then, something hard met your sternum, causing a sharp gasp to roll off your tongue. A crushing weight laid on top of your legs, as several pained groans erupted into the evening.

It took a moment before you dared to open your eyes, looking straight into something dark. The faint scent of citrus that had slowly but surely turned more earthy met your nose, and you realized that it was Todoroki's chest you were staring at. The hand at the back of your head moved slightly.

"Bakugo, you need to be more careful," Todoroki suddenly snapped.

"Hah? What the fuck is this my fault for?" Bakugo sneered.

Todoroki moved his hand from your head, so you could see the mess and chaos of entangled limbs. Both Monoma and Kendo had faceplanted over you and Todoroki, their legs in an awkward position as Bakugo and Kirishima lay on top of the tower of limbs, seemingly unscratched from the impact.

"We could have blocked them, you didn't need to catapult them into us."

"Oh, shut up you sissy," Bakugo scoffed as he started to move.

You could see how Bakugo snatched the flag from Kendo's hand, before starting to climb off. As the weight shifted, it felt like your legs were about to be crushed. Todoroki must have felt the same way as he let out another sharp hiss of pain.

Kendo apologized profusely as she climbed off your and Todoroki's legs, dragging Monoma up with her.

How could four students really feel that heavy?

Both you and Todoroki awkwardly climbed back up on your feet, and you rubbed the side of your head where the shoe had met your head. How is this the second time you have ended up on the ground today?

"Everyone alright?" Kendo broke the silence.

"We're going to fucking take this back," Bakugo grunted as he clutched the flag in his hand, and trotted off with Kirishima trying to keep pace before anyone had time to assess their injuries from the impact.

Kendo and Monoma vanished a moment later, probably trying to come up with a new strategy. A tired sigh left you as you turned your head to look at Todoroki. He stood and looked over his shoulder, hiding his face.

"Hey, you alright?"

"Mhm."

You sighed, "Liar. Let me see."

A dramatic sigh left him as Todoroki turned to look at you. He had gotten a cut in his eyebrow from the fall, blood slowly running down his face. The look in your eyes changed to one of concern, stomach plummeted further down in your gut at the sight.