Date Nite

Steve
" I've got a date with Amy tonight." I leaned back against the kitchen counter, keeping Eddie company as he quickly chowed down his dinner before he left for work.

" Is she the stacked redhead or the tiny blonde that you have been talking about? I can't keep up."

" The Redhead."

" Doesn't she work with you?"

" Yeah, I have been trying to get her to go out with me for a month now, she said that I make her nervous because I am such a flirt. She finally gave in to my charm."

" Which is exactly why she was afraid to date you." Eddie squinted his eyes at me. " Going out with someone you work with though, man that's risky. That can get really messy. I vowed never to fuck anyone I work with ever again. Just makes shit awkward ."

I rolled my eyes."Not if I make it 100% crystal clear what my intentions are.Nothing serious, just casual."

" Still awkward working with someone you have seen naked, just saying."

I cocked my head." Who did you sleep with?"

" Lauren. This was before the Whiskey Barrel.Remember when I worked at that Pizza place for like a month when we first moved here?"

" Oh yeah! Was she the tattoo girl or the short haired blonde girl?"

" Blonde." He finished the last bite on his plate then got up to put it in the sink." She got really clingy. I couldn't stand it. That is why I bailed on Rocco's pizza."

We heard a door open then looked up to see Mackenzie walking into the living room looking like an absolute stunner. Her long chestnut hair was down, but pulled back from her face with a barrette and she was wearing a form fitting black dress with a scooped neck and long sleeves. The hem of the dress rested a few inches above her knees. Her legs looked amazing in her heels. I was floored. I had only seen the girl in baggy clothes and wearing layers upon layers of clothing. I had no idea that that body was hiding underneath all that clothing. I had to tell myself to blink. The makeup on her face was very subtle , I don't think she really needed any at all, she was a natural beauty, but whatever she did made her big hazel eyes pop, and her pouty lips with a shimmering gloss...."Wow, Kenzie, you look beautiful." I backhanded Eddie who was gawking too.

" Yeah Sweetheart . You look amazing."

Mackenzie blushed." Thanks guys! I ,uh, actually have a date tonight. One of the girls that I work with is setting me up with her nephew." She held her hand up and twisted her fingers together." Fingers crossed." I watched her as she paced nervously back and forth, her heels clicking across the floor.

" Mac, your making me dizzy walking around in circles like that."

" I can't help it, I'm nervous! I haven't been on a date in three years." She stopped and started nibbling at her nails.

I walked over to her and lightly removed her fingertips from her mouth. I smiled down at her as she looked up at me with big wide eyes. "You don't want to ruin your lip gloss or your nail polish by chewing on your nails." I watched her sigh. I put my hands on her shoulders and gave them a squeeze." Your going to be fine. You look amazing, your sweet and charming, he's going to love you."

" And if he doesn't he's a Dickhead that doesn't deserve you anyway." Eddie walked up beside us." You look fucking stunning." He smiled and she smiled back. " Go enjoy yourself. And don't do anything I wouldn't do."

I chuckled and looked over at him. " Is there anything you wouldn't do?"

" No." He winked at Mackenzie." Good luck, I hope you get some dick tonight."