Chapter 7

Alex's POV

As soon as he walks out of the room my mind goes into overdrive. I've obviously upset him. Why not just add that to the list of things I've done.

I sigh, knowing somehow I need to get out of here. I look around my room and plan my escape. I see the bag of my clothes in the chair next to the one Noah was previously was in. I gently pull the needles out of my skin and unplug the machines before they can start making noise.

I take the bag of clothes into the bathroom and change quickly before slipping on my shoes. I duck out of the bathroom and pad over to the door. Once there, I look through the window to see if anyone is paying attention.

Noah is with his mother and a nurse, deep in conversation about something. Luckily they all have their backs turned to me. No one else is paying any attention so I carefully slip out. The door shuts more loudly than I meant to, but once again I am in luck when no one notices.

As soon as my back is turned, I hear his voice and all I want to do is run into his arms, but instead I run the other way. "ALEX!" He yells after me and I can hear several pairs of feet on my tail but I don't dare turn around to see how close they are.

I dodge my way through people and make it to the elevators before them. As soon as I'm inside one I hit the close door button. Noah almost slides in but I push him back. The hurt on his face breaks my heart but I steel myself and don't let him see.

I take a deep breath and look at the people in the elevator with me. I manage a smile as I wave at them and am saved from an awkward conversation by the elevator doors opening. I see security guards pacing the lobby and decide my best bet is to make a run for it.

I do so and I hear shouting and once again, more feet hitting the floor as they chase me. I make it outside and pause for a moment, unsure of where to go. I feel a bit dizzy, but as soon as I hear the guards behind me I take off again, relying on my adrenaline rush to keep me going.

"We've got a runner turning on twelfth! Hurry up, I don't know how much longer until we lose her!" I take that as a good sign and make a left into an alley between two buildings. At the end is a fence that I quickly navigate over in my mind. I speed up a bit and jump up and into the wall, pushing off with my feet to propel myself over the wall. My hand meets the top of the fence and I hold onto it as I land.

I pause for a second as I hear them attempt to make it over and resume my escape, making a few random turns. Growing up, I learned the hard way that you are never truly lost.

After a few minutes when I am positive I've shaken them, I walk into a restaurant and sit down. I pull out my wallet and pay for a coffee before pulling out my phone. I decide to drink it black as I scroll through my contacts, looking for a number I haven't used in a really long time.

I take a few more sips of my coffee before hitting the call button. It rings three times before he picks up. "Hey Tristan, what's up?" I say casually.

"What do you want, Lex? I know you didn't call for casual chit chat." I laugh. He knows me too well.

"I need you to make me a fake ID." I say calmly, making sure not to draw any attention.

"Why? So you can go clubbing? Come on, I thought you were better than that." I shake my head even though he can't see. I take another drink of my coffee before getting serious. It's time to get down to business.

"Look, I need it so I can use my savings to buy an apartment and get a job. But I can't do that without a fake ID because I'm underage. Are you gonna help me or not?" Tristan sucks in a breath and I know he knows I'm serious.