S01E01 A Frontier Battle! Enter Triggerfinger! (Part Two)

***

The Dome Sanctuary, located in a vast wasteland of desert and sand, nowhere around for miles. This wasteland was supposedly the inspiration for one of its sections, the Frontier, a place meant to somewhat replicate the days of the wild west. The sanctuary was created for an alternative way of living, secluded solitude for those who wanted to get away from the outside world and reside somewhere that lived by its own set of rules and regulations. Some might call it a cult, or at least that's what Kore called it anyway.

His long black hair flowed in the wind as his motorcycle cruised along the sandy landscape, a trail of dust left in its wake. Kore was a key member of the Aces of Spades, one of the best, declared the Sergeant At Arms three years prior. It was his job to ensure club regulations were not violated, and meetings between chapters and other parties were kept civil. He took pride in his role, for it was all he knew, and he was damn good at it. As he continued along the beaten path, he caught a glimpse of his mohawked clubmate Scabs, the Road Captain, leaning up against his bike and waiting for him. His bike came to a halt, and he gave Scabs a nod.

"How much further?" He asked, sniffing as he stared ahead.

"Uh," Scabs replied, his right eye disappearing from its socket. "Just over the horizon by the looks of it."

Most club members had special abilities, their roles often defined by what their abilities were. Scabs was able to remove parts of his body, and make them appear in places at a certain level of distance. This made him perfect for the role of Road Captain, for he could send his eyes a great distance ahead of the club when traveling, to keep a lookout for any dangers that may cross their path.

"So, you really think they're in there?" Scabs asked, his eye reappearing as he lifted a leg over his bike.

"Mother Nature seems to think so. We'll soon see."

Scabs started his bike up, and hit the throttle, Kore following suit. They continued along the hardened sand and came to a steep desert hill that towered above their motorcycles. The engines of the bikes didn't waver however, and were able to quickly make it to the top, the Dome Sanctuary sitting proudly at the other side, big enough to fit a small country. Its dome shape kept it sturdy as its metallic silver body shimmered in the sunlight. The motorcycles rolled down the hill with ease, Kore and Scabs stopping at the entrance closest to their position. They parked their bikes and got off.

"Well, this is it huh?" Scabs said in awe of the dome's size. "Makes the clubhouse look like a toddler's pillow fort."

Kore walked up to the entrance, two giant thick metal doors, cameras pointing down at him from all sides. The security on the outside was tight, they clearly kept tabs on whoever entered the sanctuary uninvited. Somebody cleared their throat over the intercom, and Kore waited for them to speak.

"Please state your reasoning for visiting the Dome Sanctuary," a dull voice spoke.

"We're here on official Ace of Spade business," Kore responded. "We come in peace, we're just looking for some people we believe to be on the inside of your walls."

"Master Maximus Paige does not usually allow Aces of any kind to enter but I shall alert him of your arrival."

"Please and thank you."

There was a shuffling sound from the intercom, quickly followed by silence. Scabs yawned as he leaned his motorcycle up against the wall, and walked over to Kore with his arms folded. Scabs wasn't really the quiet type, something Kore learned pretty quickly upon the first time they met. He liked talking a little too much, and it wasn't often he could go five minutes without uttering something or another. It was annoying at first but Kore got used to it, and now all these years later, Scabs was his best friend and brother, something he wouldn't change for anything. A minute passed, and they still hadn't heard anything from the intercom.