S01E01 - A Frontier Battle! Enter Triggerfinger! (PART ONE)

A young boy, no older than fifteen, laid in his backyard with his hands behind his head as he watched the simulated sky, images of clouds floating by, a bright sun peaking through. It felt nice against his tan skin, almost as nice as what he remembered the real sun feeling like, though not quite as invigorating. He tried to reminisce about the last time he felt it but could hardly remember, he was too young. It might have even been strong enough to bleach his slicked back gray hair. That's why he was named Ash, for the color of his hair that matched ashes left behind in trails of smoke, and his love of the sun. Not to mention, the fact he was able to shoot bullets of fire from his fingertips.

Ash the Triggerfinger, people called him. Mostly his friends, but it was quickly becoming a trend throughout the section of the Dome Sanctuary he lived in to call him as such. The Dome Sanctuary, he thought to himself, the place he'd been stuck in for the last decade. He couldn't help but wonder why he wasn't allowed to leave, it was meant to be a sanctuary after all, not a prison. He couldn't complain too much though, as he was well-fed and looked after by his caretaker, Marianne. Marianne, at least I have her.

"Why do you always zone out when you're staring at the sun?" Ash's friend, Snout, a plump white boy who almost resembled a pig, asked as he gave him a slap on the shoulder.

"I don't know. It's soothing," he replied, sitting up.

"It's kind of weird. It happens all the time. Be careful, you might get a sun burn, and I'm not helping you get the sun peel off your face like the last time."

"Oh yeah," his other friend, Beak, a thin girl who almost resembled a bird, piped up.

"That was disgusting. Remember the bit that came straight off his upper lip? I nearly hurled!"

He gave them a dirty look, as they snickered, then turned his attention back to the sky. They were the only two real friends he had since arriving at the Frontier, one of the four inhabited sections of the Dome Sanctuary. He had friends before he was dumped there, four he could remember, though it had been so long he had trouble imagining their faces, and recalling their names. I wonder where they are now. The oldest looked after them, none of them had families, and together they would go on adventures in between stealing food to eat, and finding places to sleep the night. He wanted nothing more than to be able to see them again but he had lost hope of that happening a long time ago.

"Are you thinking about those friends of yours again, Ash?" Beak asked.

"Yeah. Wish I knew what happened to them."

"Have you tried asking Marianne?"

Ash nodded. "She doesn't know what I'm talking about."

"Well, it's okay!" Snout grinned. "You've got us anyway! We're like those biker guys! We have a brotherhood!"

Beak cleared her throat. "A siblinghood."

Ash smiled and raised his fingertips to the sky, shooting out a few flaming bullets and letting out a YEE-HAW, his friends joining in. They had heard it so many times throughout the Frontier that it had been etched into their brains, becoming a staple of their friendship. Their gang didn't quite have a name yet but whatever that name would be, someday it would be just as well known as the Aces of Spades, if not more. That's what they had hoped anyway.

"Kids, lunch is ready!" An elderly woman shouted as she stepped out onto the porch. "And Ash, stop being so reckless with those bullets of yours! You don't want blisters again, do you?!"

"But Marianne! It's my special power!"

"Well, boys with special powers require special sustenance so get your butt in here and get some grub!"