Chapter 33

"To be trusted is a greater compliment than to be loved."

- Anonymous

Heated - Chapter 33

Harry's P.O.V.

It's a scary thing to open yourself up completely to someone. Especially when you don't know what they'd do with that trust and if they will keep it for themselves or expose it to the world.

I've always been one to hide my feelings from the world to make what I feel inside numb to any emotions. I don't want to feel anything because I know if I do, something bad will come out of it.

The only time I felt something for someone was with Madison and that didn't work out the way I thought.

I trusted her with things I haven't told anyone yet, because I thought that I could actually confide in her. But as soon as things got rough in the relationship and I couldn't give her what it is that she wanted from me, she started acting up. I found out that all she ever wanted me for was my so-called "popularity" and money. She was never really in it for me.

It hurt, but I made as though it didn't. I acted nonchalant and emotionless to everything. I knew I had to break it off. But she wasn't very happy about that. And as soon as I dumped her, she made it her mission to tell people about the things that I have shared with her. The trust I put in her was completely shattered and that's why, to this day, I never trusted to let anyone in.

Because just look at what happened.

But with Paige, it's different. She's nothing compared to how Madison was and that's honestly so refreshing. She makes me feel like I can trust her.

And that's what I'm going to do. Only this time is my last time. I promised her and I'm going to keep that promise, no matter how hard it's going to be to open up once again with the risk of getting hurt, I have to do it.

Holding onto her is more important right now than holding back from her and letting her slip out of my hands.

It's been a good fifteen minutes since I've been waiting on Paige and I was starting to get fidgety. I got up and decided to check out her room. They say you can tell a lot of a person by their room, so why not?

I looked around and noticed tons of books stacked on a shelf. The scarlet covered book that she had with her on the first day that I had met her was lied on her nightstand. I took it into my grasp as I smiled on the thought of that first day.

Who would have thought that we'd end up like this?

I put the book down and just when I was about to walk over to check some other things out, I accidentally kicked something underneath her bed.

I furrowed my brow as I try to make out exactly what it is.

A picture frame?

I turned it around and to my surprise it was a naked baby - I'm guessing that it must be Paige, of course. Those beautiful brown eyes could never be overlooked.

I smile at the picture as I suddenly feel this warmth radiating throughout my body and I've never felt anything like this before.

What is going on with me?

Suddenly, I heard how the bathroom door went open.

Now, she was standing there right in front of me. I hold on, but it's getting harder to breathe.