Chapter 10: Jamie

07 January 2022

I saw her the moment she stepped into the club, she could capture the attention of everyone the moment she stepped into a room, an ability I'm not even sure she knew she had. The moment those beautiful blue eyes met mine, a small smile fell to her lips, a smile just for me, I must be the luckiest man alive, not that I deserved her smile, she should have run as far and as fast away from me as she can, but she doesn't and the longer she stays close to me, the more I want her.

Out of the three of us, Gabe was her best option. I wouldn't be capable of accepting her love, I wasn't loveable, I didn't deserve her. I was broken, and there wasn't a thing in the world that would be able to save me.

Alex had a need for control that would consume him, considering his parents dictated most of his life I could understand his need for control, I could understand why he latched on when he found something that made him feel like he wasn't living on autopilot. His obsessive nature was not always a bad thing, but I've seen the way it plays out with women over and over again. That's why Alex didn't let himself become attached. It would always end the same way.

Gabriel was good, well as good as it gets in our line of work. Despite his temper which rose very quickly, he was a genuinely caring person. The best kind of person when we needed to play good cop bad cop. Gabe had a moral compass, as much of a moral compass as this life allowed. He could still probably rip you to shreds, but he wouldn't do it unless he saw no other option.

Despite knowing all of this, I couldn't leave her alone, despite knowing myself, I couldn't bear to walk away from her and never see her again. She made me feel, and that was rare. It was too late, I was already attached and as pathetic as that sounds, being attached to the girl I'd known for less than a month, for only seven days. It was the truth. I knew it was true for Alex too, I could see it in the way he watched her every move as Gabe led her toward us. I could see it in the way his hand tightened around the glass of whiskey as she smiled. There was no going back for Alex, and knowing Alex, I knew that he would burn the world if anyone ever tried to take her from him. I even bet that that moral compass of Gabes would turn all the way South if someone tried to take her from him. I worried about my reaction a lot more, though. I would tear the world to shreds for her, and that's the part I worried about. I hadn't felt anything in years until I heard her voice, I don't think I could go back to that. Missy opened something inside of me that I don't think I could ever close. I needed her, and I fucking hated it.

"Peach, I almost thought Gabe would be selfish and keep you all to himself tonight," Alex said as he greeted Missy, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Don't say I never did anything for you." Gabe smiled before leaving to go get drinks.

I took the opportunity to look at Missy while Alex spoke to her, she really was a fucking sight to behold. The way that silver dress hugged her body in all the right places, I wanted to do truly sinful things to that body. I watched as Alex brought her over to the booth I was sitting at.

"Hi Jamie," She said with a sweet smile as she sat down next to me. I noticed she winced slightly when she sat down, I don't even think she noticed it.

"Hi beautiful," I said softly, taking her hand in mine and kissing it before intertwining our fingers together. I smiled at the little blush on her cheeks. It was subtle due to the dark lighting in the club, but it was there.

Gabe returned before taking a seat next to Alex as he handed Missy her old-fashioned. She basically downed half of it, which brought a smirk to my lips, knowing that we made her nervous. Considering last time she was alone with us, Gabe and I solicited sweet little moans from her gorgeous mouth, I don't blame her for being a little nervous. Alex picked up on this, too, from what I could tell from the smirk playing on his lips. I watched Missy curiously look up to see one of Alex's men Giovanni walking towards us. He gave us a nod before whispering something to Alex, my eyes followed as Alex looked towards the door. My body tensed instantly as I saw the bald tattooed man known as Dominique. Alex whispered something to Gabe, and Gabe nodded his head.

"Darling, Alex, and I need to do some business, Jamie's gonna take you back to the penthouse," he said to Missy, kissing her on the cheek.

As much as I wanted to stay and beat the shit out of Dominique, I knew it wouldn't be a good idea to have Missy around him. If Dominique saw I knew things would get messy, he wanted me dead just as much as I wanted him dead. I stood waiting for Missy as she said goodbye to Gabe and Alex. I knew she had questions, I could see it in those perfect blue eyes, but it would have to wait. She didn't see Dom, not from what I could tell anyway.

Still holding her hand, I led her through the back of the club past my office, and out the back door. The minute I stepped out, flashing lights and cameras went off. I turned towards Missy, who stood at the foot of the entryway. The cameras had obviously caught her off guard as they did me. She gave me a nervous look.

"I got you, baby," I assured her before putting my arm around her shoulder and walking with her by my side towards the car. My hand intertwined with hers again as we got into the car and the driver pulled off.

"I'm sorry," She said softly playing with the silver ring on my tattooed finger.

"You're perfect," I said making her look at me, her blue eyes filled with an emotion I couldn't quite pin.

The rest of the drive back to our penthouse was silent. I held her hand until we got inside, I noticed how her body physically relaxed when the elevator doors opened into our living room. She walked in behind me as I took off my coat and took hers off as well. She looked at me and I could tell she was going to apologize again so before she could I took her hand leading her to the couch.

"Sit" I commanded and she obeyed immediately, I liked that.

I knelt as I began undoing the straps to her shoes which looked highly uncomfortable. Taking off the first one I moved to the buckle of the next, if my father could see me now, kneeling before someone, a woman for that matter, he'd have a fucking fit. I don't even think he got down on his knee when he proposed to my mother, not that she'd deserve it after what she had done to him, to me.

"Jamie?" Missy's soft voice said breaking me out of my downward spiral of thoughts and memories that I'd much rather forget.

I tilted my head up looking at her, her beautiful face inches from mine and her rose scent filling the space between us.

"Let me help you forget," She said before placing her lips softly on mine kissing me. How in the fuck she knew that I needed to forget I don't know but this was the perfect little distraction. I deepened our kiss as I placed my hand on her thigh, my tongue dancing with hers as we kissed. I moved my hand higher but her hand came down to mine stopping it.

I felt the scars between her thighs that last time my hand was up her dress so I knew she wasn't trying to hide those, but rather I assumed something more, perhaps a new cut altogether. Regardless of how much I hated that she felt the need to hurt herself, I didn't push the subject and I wouldn't bring it up unless she wanted to talk about it. I pulled away from the kiss bringing my hands to cup her face before placing a Featherlite kiss on her nose and then one on her lips.

"Choose a movie, I'll be back in a minute," I said standing and handing her the remote before going to my room and getting a shirt and sweatpants for her to be more comfortable, I changed into sweatpants myself, discarding my shirt before I went back downstairs to join the pretty little thing that waited for me, but when I reached the bottom of the stairs she was already fast asleep.

I walked up to where she lay on the couch and moved one of her blonde hairs from her face before gently kissing her forehead. She saw me, she saw the things that haunt me, the things I wanted to forget and she brought me out of it, she brought me out because she knew what it was like to be haunted by memories. Our demons might have been different but they haunted us the same.

===

A/N

Guys, I like Jamie... I also realized when editing this that they hadn't known each other for that long. This bugs me a little but it is fiction, after all, people can have deeper feelings after a week, right? RIGHT?? Who cares anyway?

Okay, I hope you're enjoying this.

-Love Angel7x