Prologue: Good Byee

'It is so hard to live- until you leave.'

2 years ago.....

"Bye Jai uncle. Bye Vaani aunty" I waved good bye to them as I walked towards my house just beside theirs.

I was on the verge of crying, but I controlled. After all I can't cry and hurt them again. They are already hurt at the news of my leaving the town for further studies. A tear unknowingly slipped out of my eyes. I wiped the tear and rang the bell.

My mom opened the door and smiled. I could see the hurt in her eyes. I am already feeling guilty. Sorry mom. I smiled back and entered the house.

The dining table was filled with my favourite dishes. Didi was arranging the plates."Chalo beta, khaane baith jaao" Papa said as I turned around to face him. I could see the hurt in his eyes too. He will definitely cry after my departure. I know that.

(Come on dear, go eat some food.)

I ate dinner with my family. We all talked about our childhood. Everyone was enjoying the last day of mine in this house before leaving for further studies.

"Kitni jaldi bade ho gaye na tum dono. Pata bhi nhi chala ke tum ab baahar padhne-likhne chale jaoge." My mom said as a tear slipped out of her eyes. I can't see her in this state. Not after knowing that I am the reason behind this. I know they are happy that I am pursuing my dream but they still will miss me when I am gone.

(You two grew up too soo. Never knew that you would go out to study)

" No crying maa, Jiya hamesha ke liye thodi jaa rhi hai. Aa jaayegi vaapas padhke." Naina Didi consoled maa.

(Jiya is not going forever. She will come back after completing her studies.)

We all talked for a while till my cab came."Chalo beta, main tumhe airport tak chodd deta hu" Papa said. But I couldn't have him with me at this time. It will be hard for me to control my tears. "Nhi Papa, main chali jaaungi " I said in the hope that he agreed on my first try, because I know if he pleased one more time I won't be able to leave

(Come on, I will drop you off at the airport.)
(No Papa, I will go by myself.)

"But-. Okay beta." He said. I think he understood that I can't control it any more. I came out of the house followed by my family. As I came outside, I saw my neighbours crowded outside the main gate. They all had sadness in their eyes.

I tried to find him in the crowd but he was not there just like earlier when I came to say goodbye. I was getting emotional but I promised myself that I won't cry in front of them.

I hugged everyone one by one and bid farewell to all before sitting in the backseat of my cab. Jai Uncle and Vaani aunty insisted on coming with me but I refused which was supported by Papa.

He knows me too well. He knows I can't cry in front of everyone.

I turned around to bid farewell to everyone last time and searched him on his balcony in the hope that he would also come. But to my unlucky luck he didn't. It's okay. It is time for my heart to understand that he is not mine anymore. Actually he never was.

I turned around and faced forward. As the cab driver started the car, the pool of tears overflowed from my eyes. I cried my heart out till I reached the airport.

One final Good Bye to this town.
Byee.

_______________________________________

Chapter Aesthetic