12. The Talk

'I may fight with you, but I'll always have your back, bro'

Tap..tap..tap..tap..

I am nervous as hell.

Why?

Because, as Bhai said earlier, he wanted to walk with me, we are sitting in my room right now. More like I am sitting on the bed and tapping my feet and Bhai is on a business call.

The Sangeet went well except for my dance with him dance and the 'in his arms' moment.

Bhai and Bhabhi did a special performance in the end and it turns out that Bhai was hiding his talent of dance. Because what we saw in the couple's performance was fantastic.

"So, Jiya. How have you been? I had not seen you since your performance with Kunal." He said in a formal tone as I saw him taking a seat on the couch in front of me. And there was something wrong when he said Kunal.

This is getting awkward.

"I have been in my room for a while and then came back." I said in my normal tone.

He hummed in response and leaned further keeping both of his elbow on his knees for support.

"You wanted to talk about something..." I asked.

"Yes, do you know if Kunal has a girlfriend?" Now this question caught me off-guard.

"Uhh?"

"Does Kunal have a girlfriend?" He asked in a serious tone.

Yes, and that is Naina di, our dear sister.

"I don't know about that." I lied. I don't think I should say yes. Maybe Di didn't told anyone about their relationship. So, it is not my place to reveal it.

He again hummed in response.

And believe me when I say that he never hums in response. He always response in words. That's just his habit.

Something is definitely wrong.

"So is he single?" He asked again

Why is he asking me about Kunal? Why doesn't he ask Kunal himself?
It's getting awkward.

"Maybe. I don't know." I said while fidgeting with my fingers. I do that when I get nervous.

He surely notices it and asked me another question. And I choke in the air.

"Do you like him?"

What?!?!

Yes.

No.

"Uhh??" I did hear his question just buying more time to answer.

"I mean, do you like like Kunal?" He says as he says upright looking at me intensely.

Oh God!! Why can't I vanish into thin air??

"N-no.. But why are you asking this?" Shit! I stuttered. He can easily make out that I am not telling the truth.

"Stop lying to me Jiya." He said as he holds both of my hands in his.

"I know you do. And I also know that the reason behind why you changed so much is also him." My mouth gaped at him in pure shock.

How does he know that?

"How-how do you-"

"I just know it" he cuts me off.

"So do you like him?" He asked again.

And I couldn't do nothing but accept the truth.

I nodded my head and started looking outside the window.