8. Sangeet Ceremony

'The magic of sangeet is in the air.'

"Wow! Jiya, tu toh pari jaisi lag rhi hai" Naina Di exclaimed.

(You are looking like a fairy.)

"Kisi ki nazar na lage meri beti ko." Ma said while placing a dot of kohl from her eyes.

(Let no one's evil eye be on you.)

Really, am I looking that nice.

I turned towards the mirror and was awestruck by my beauty.

There I stood in front of the mirror wearing a baby pink lehenga and jewellery. Looking astounding.

Baby pink surely suits me.

"Aww! Teri Mehendi ka rang toh dekh. Kitna gahra chadha hai. Pakka Tera hone wala pati tujhse bahut pyaar karta hai. " Isha said admiring my Mehendi.

(The of you Mehendi is dark. I am sure, your future husband is going to love you a lot.)

"Ok ok. Stop praising me. I am not looking that gorgeous." I turned my head facing Bhabhi and held her hand. "Look, Bhabhi is looking dead-gorgeous. Even her Mehendi is darker than mine."

"Bhai loves her so much. She is so lucky to have him." Isha said.

'' Even Bhai is so lucky to have her. They are 'Match Made In Heaven'." Bhabhi blushed at Naina Di's  statements.

"Who are match made in heaven?" Bhai's voice interrupted our talk.

"You and Bhabhi." I answered the question with a smirk.

Blush crept up to his cheeks. He is so cute.

"Aww Bhai! Are you blushing?" Isha teased Bhai. His cheeks turned a darker shade of red.

"Bhabhi, you are also blushing." I teased Bhabhi, she blushed harder.

"Ohho! Stop teasing us and leave the room. I want to spend time with my wifey. " Bhai said in an annoyed tone.

'Oo's and 'Aww's filled the room as all we made our way out of the room.

I closed the door, not before giving a playful wink to them.

"I love love. It is so amazing to have someone who admires you, cares for you and makes you feel special. " Isha says like a hopeless romantic. She is the most hopeless romantic person I've ever met.

I was also one but then I realised I won't be able to love anyone like I loved Kunal.

And he is never going to love me back.

(⁠≧⁠▽⁠≦⁠)

"Do you really think we can win?"

"After the amount of practice we have done, I am sure that ladke waale can't defeat us."

(Groom's family.)

I heard some people of the bride's side conversing about only they can win.

Uhh! Little do they know, we are always one step ahead of them.

"Isha, when is our performance exactly?" I asked.

"The ceremony starts with the younger ones. So it will take about an hour or something. Bade Papa and Badi Mummy will announce." She replied and went back to her work.

As she is the sister of the groom, she has more work than anyone. She is constantly taking rounds around the hall, checking the decorations, food and many more things.

I feel guilty because I am not able to help her.

" Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. I welcome you to the Sangeet Ceremony of Rahul and Preetha." Ma's voice drew my attention.