Five

"This is so weird," Seraphina finds herself saying. She's playing with her knife while she and Obi-Wan wait for instructions. It's weird for one main reason: Anakin Skywalker isn't with her on this mission. "I'm not used to doing jobs without Skywalker."

Obi-Wan isn't nearly as restless as she is. His hands are folded in front of him, his arms on his knees as he leans forward, staring at the ground in contemplation. "It is strange. It will always be strange." He glances at the redhead.

He's not blind. He knows of Anakin's feelings for Seraphina; feelings she clearly shares. But he's almost certain nothing has happened yet is because of the redhead. His old padawan lets his emotions control many of his actions. Seraphina's plans are mostly based on figuring out what will help in the long run - what will cause the least problems; letting their feelings show to one another intentionally will not be good for them yet.

Even with the thoughts of Anakin as the Chosen One, the Order will kick him out if he were to engage in the feelings he has for the redhead he had once been at odds with. Obi-Wan had assumed this would be a problem... and he hopes, for their sake, they learn to not care about the Order. He has this feeling that they should let their emotions out-rule the code. He thinks it will be the answer to Anakin's explosive heart. But he won't push them into it; he had already been the start of this relationship - he will not accidentally ruin it with his own intentions.

He continues to say, "Being off-world without Anakin never feels right." He knows his own attachments when it comes to the boy; he knows that the Order would scold him for the love he feels for his brother - his best friend. "But it helps knowing that he's still involved in our fight."

"Flying," she agrees. She smiles a little - Obi-Wan knows her genuine, happy smiles are unknown to most of the world but he has to say that it's something the 501st, and himself, have the ability to enjoy often. "He's always saying he's the better pilot out of the two of us."

Obi-Wan chuckles. "He's got an ego."

"He's not bad," she concedes, "but I'm definitely better than him."

"You're just more required for the ground this time around," he adds. She nods.

That's their task: Obi-Wan and Seraphina take the ground while Ahsoka and Anakin take the sky. They had split up the group but kept them close enough to feel their presence. The redhead felt Anakin's abilities through the Force - which is something she's realizing isn't normal as she spends more time with the Jedi. It's actually beginning to make her question more about her childhood.

Like, why had her family been attacked so much when she was a kid? Why had she learned to fight by their side by the time she turned four? What did Bane owe her mother that he would raise her kid after she died? But Obi-Wan didn't know - Anakin and Ahsoka definitely didn't - and none of the other Jedi seemed to like her enough to tell her anything about her mother if they knew something.

Mace Windu walks into the living room area on the ship. "Come on." Obi-Wan had already gotten to his feet when he first saw the other Jedi coming toward them so it was mainly directed at Seraphina as she put her knife back into its scabbard and followed them.

*seraphina may*

Seeing Anakin via holo felt like something out of a fever dream. She isn't on the same page as him right now - she doesn't know what's going on over by his side of this fight; and he's thinking the exact same thing.

She tries to read his eyes but he's making sure to avoid looking at her. "They caught us by surprise," he says. "We were outnumbered."

"How many men did you lose?" Obi-Wan asks.