Six

Seraphina's flying the gunships above Ahsoka, coming to the rescue for the young padawan's troops, Anakin, and Obi-Wan. The two older Jedi are already in her ship, trying to get Ahsoka to stop fighting - to fall back because she can't see the whole picture.

"Land in front of her," Anakin's voice instructs. "The clones we have down here will cover the retreat that Ahsoka will have to make if you're blocking the battle."

"Copy," she replies. She's instantly moving down, keeping it steady when she lands on the ground so the troops won't fall out as Anakin runs out of the ship, trying to get Ahsoka to listen to him. She's pretty sure that this is something Obi-Wan would be enjoying despite the danger its putting them all into: Anakin couldn't have been easy to handle as a padawan if this was him as a knight. "Can we hurry this up?" She requests.

"We're good, Captain May," Anakin tells her.

Obi-Wan clearifies, "We're on board."

And as soon as she hears that, the ship is rising off the ground. Dead clones are littered within the same land as the droids that they took out. Seraphina hates this part: leaving people to defend themselves because the Republic can only do so much. It reminds her of her own home - of her own people fighting the droids that eventually overran the clones that had come to help.

"How is everyone doing back there?" She asks, hoping to get her mind off of her past.

Anakin replies, "This isn't going too well for us, May."

She has to agree as she flies away.

*seraphina may*

It's about an hour later when Anakin flops down on Seraphina's bed. "I feel bad for her," he admits, running a hand over his face. She hums, folding her clothes. "She was doing what she thought was right; which is what I taught her."

Seraphina glances at him. "You need to work on listening to authority almost as much as she does and we're kind of her top models of how to act." She tosses him a few shirts. "Fold those."

He sits up and does as he's told without a single word of argument. "My personality got her in trouble. My teachings got her in trouble. They get me in trouble so I'm not sure why I'm so surprised..." She feels his gaze on her back.

Anakin would be in so much trouble for this moment. He's sitting on Seraphina May's bed, in her room, folding her clothes with her. He's falling in love with a woman who had once been on the other side; and he keeps falling harder the more time he spends with her - the more time they spend away from one another. As long as he can feel her presence, he's falling. And he has this talent no one else seems to have when it comes to seeing her: once he learned how to find her, he never really lost her.

His gaze flickers to her jacket next to him. She usually keeps it on to hide the scars littering her arms; to hide the ends of marks on her back that finish on the bottom of her neck. But she takes it off with him. She even leaves it at his side. This is almost her version of a lightsaber: it's her past, her mistakes, her legacy will come from this red, leather jacket next to him and he knows it.

"The library will be good for her," Seraphina says. Anakin hums in reply, getting back to folding her clothes as best as he can. "I love going in there sometimes: the data you can find is insane and unique. Bane would probably tell me to memorize everything..." she trails off but Anakin wants to press for more.

"Is that what he usually made you do?" He asks.

There's a long moment where she doesn't say anything. He picks the newly folded shirts and stands, bringing them to her. She looks at him and he smiles softly.