'Have I gone insane?'

A normal day. It was what Zavian classified as mundane, where he woke up, ate, worked, gamed, read, and slept. Nothing out of the ordinary, right?

Yet, such an insane thing occurred while he was dressing himself. He looked at himself in the mirror, hands on his hoodie which he was slipping on, but an incredible force pulled him into the mirror. He collided with a new surface; the grassy ground, something gamers seldom touched. He attempted to pick himself up, but he only slipped against the wet surface. It turns out that wherever he had been located was storming heavily, and being out in the open meant he was drenched within seconds. Lightning struck down forcefully one after the other, causing the situation to seem hopeless. He was stranded in a place he didn't know, with nothing to his name.

Could his morning get any worse?

Yes. In fact, moments after arriving at this place, a fierce ringing in his ear reverberated in his head, causing a headache with unimaginable pain. It felt like a force was repelling him yet at the same time, pulling him towards something. There were words being spoken, but the cacophony in his head was too much for him to understand. Slowly, he was only able to feel the cold embrace of the rain as his consciousness dimmed.

"...world...forget me..."

-

Eventually, Zavian woke up, despite feeling absolutely horrible. It seemed like prolonged exposure to the rain had gifted him with illness, but he did not dare show a sign of stirring. He could hear two men talking, despite being muffled by walls. He felt the fabric on covering him, the cold cloth on his forehead, and the soft yet hard surface he was lying on. Speaking of which, his underwear was completely soaked, yet his shirts and pants were dry. The person who brought him here must have helped him change, yet wanted to respect his privacy... As he laid still, he tried making out the words that were being spoken.

"Who is..."

"...found...in the rain...I decided...help him..."

"...decided to...here?"

"Where ....otherw...?I'll take care...it...."

He filled in the gaps, and somewhat made sense of the incomprehensible conversation. It seemed like one brought him here, and the other was opposed to that.

The opposed one had a distinct... How should he describe this? It's the voice of a very rational person. "Kav--...have y...forgotten...house... I don't... trouble."

Zavian paused, hearing the name. Now that he thinks about it, the voices sound familiar.

"What-! Wha...implying...Plus,...couldn't leave....collapsed...rain...! Why a--....apathetic?"

The emotionally unstable one opens the door abruptly, causing Zavian to flinch. He wasn't sure when was a good time to say that he was awake, but it definitely wasn't now.

"Whatever! This arguement won't ever end, so let's just leave it at that! I'm going to get some medicine." Zavian listened to that man's footsteps storm off, leaving behind just an awkward silence between the opposed and the sick. He could feel a stare on his face, and he was debating whether to fake his wake or keep on sleeping.

"You can stop acting," The man said, and Zavian inevitably had to succumb to the embarrassment of being completely busted.

"Sorry- I didn't mean to eavesdrop..." He removed the towel from his head and quickly sat up to look at least somewhat remorseful, but suffered the repercussions of doing so. As he clutched his head, a hand passed him a cup of water. After all, his voice sounded absolutely horrendous.

"It doesn't matter. Who are you?"

"Zavian..." He accepted the slightly bitter water and muttered a thanks, before finally seeing the figure who was talking to him currently. A sea of unexplained emotions washed over him. Ash grey hair, a nonchalant face, and eyes that are as sharp as a hawk's.

"What? Do you know me?" Alhaitham questioned, sitting down in front of him with a book in hand.

Before Zavian answer with an excuse, his roommate stepped back into the living room with a small packet of what seemed to be medicine. "Huh? You're awake! Wait, lie back down. You're not supposed to be up. And put that towel back on your head."

Zavian just listened to him obediently. He didn't know what to make of this situation. If he had told this to his younger sister, she would surely say that this was just a delusion of his.

Him? In Teyvat? In the home of Alhaitham? He was surely crazy. Perhaps he had gone insane after existing in human society for too long.

"Dreaming. I must be dreaming..." He mumbled incoherently while staring at the ceiling.

"Uh, looks like he's pretty out of it. I don't blame him, since the fever's pretty bad..." Kaveh said, filling a cup with water.

"I fed him medicine already."

"What? When? You had fever medicine?" Kaveh snapped his neck at Alhaitham, who was leisurely reading his book.

"Yeah. Just then."

"So you sent me away on purpose?? Dammit, you... you better have done nothing to him!"

"And why would I make the effort to do anything but feed him medicine?" Alhaitham simply ignored the insults that were directed at him by his fiery roommate and carried on reading.

-

"Who is he?"

"I found him unconscious in the rain, so I decided to help him."

"And you also decided to bring him here?"

"Where else otherwise? I'll take care of everything."

"Have you forgotten whose house you're living in? I don't want a second dose of trouble."

"What-! What are you implying?! And, I couldn't just leave him collapsed in the rain! Why are you always so apathetic?"