'Almighty Alhaitham!'

After sorting groceries and making lunch for the three of them (one left uneaten as Kaveh was still completely knocked out), they prepared to set off for Port Ormos.

Zavian glanced at Alhaitham who was locking the door.

"If you've got something to say, spit it out."

Surprised by his confrontation, Zavian swished the words he wanted to say in his mouth for a little longer. Don't get him wrong, no. It was great that he came with him, and he's thankful for the companionship. Zavain was just worried that he might have felt obliged to go with him. So, he asked, "...Are you really sure it's okay to come with me like this?"

Alhaitham raised an eyebrow, "What do you mean?"

"I thought... you were pretty busy recently," he muttered, rubbing his nape sheepishly. "I can deliver and buy the things myself, so if I'm in your way..."

"Has Kaveh told you something useless again? Don't overthink it. I'm sure you understand me well enough that I dislike leaving unfinished work," he said, beginning to walk. Zavian rushed behind him, suddenly feeling a sense of dread about the connotations behind his words.

"But I've only met you for three days. What do you mean by—"

"It's exactly as I said." Before explaining, he glanced around to ensure no one was listening in this conversation. "I'm certain you knew me, yet I don't know you. This can only mean one thing — a parasocial relationship. In your world, I was presumably a 'fictional character' from some story. It is the most rational conclusion I've achieved after listening to the explanations of your world."

Zavian froze on the spot. The gaze from Alhaitham was fathomless, and it unnerved Zavian to be unable to see his thoughts. "How..."

"Do you remember our first conversation? Despite landing in an unfamiliar place, you knew of visions and archons nonexistent in your world. Suspicions are bound to arise when you slip out information so easily."

Zavian watched Alhaitham continue walking while he stood still, blinking at the latter's confident figure. He had no other words to say, other than; "...Your observation and deduction skills are truly scary. Have you ever thought of being a detective?"

He paused as if he pondered about the possibility seriously. "That's too much work."

"But not work you can't do."

"There's no need for a detective in Sumeru, and the Scribe's position is the most apt for me. I would prefer to stay with these working hours."

"Haha, well said," Zavian chuckled. Soon, the road became quiet again. "Do you really not have any questions?"

"About what? My existence? Or your world?"

"Well... in general, I suppose. You're taking the fact that you are a fictional character very well. So well that I'm concerned."

"I'm a breathing, functioning human being in the flesh. What more do I need to know? It doesn't matter if you were my creator or a reader who witnessed 'my story'. What matters is that I recognise my identity. Even if you do know all the secrets of this world, I'm not concerned. Because it's not my place to interfere," he said, turning around to face Zavian, locking their eyes together. "Knowledge is indispensable, yet ignorance is also bliss. Faced with the heavy consequences of the truth, which will you choose?"

"..." The intense eye contact prolonged for a while before Zavian looked away. "It... depends on the truth."

"Indeed. And on the topic of my existence, I don't particularly care. Your world is intriguing enough for my interest to be piqued — nothing more, nothing less."

Zavian reformed all his dialogue to a straightforward sentence; 'I don't give a fuck'. He chuckled at the thought. "...You're just like how I'd thought you'd be."