Chapter 5:

In Science, we had to write down what the teacher was writing on the board. Our teacher expects us to write in our best copperplate handwriting. Our teacher gets annoyed at someone if she thinks they haven't write in their best handwriting.

"Psss" I hear a voice whisper.

I turn around to see Brayden smiling at me, he then says hi to me, I say hi back, but I tell him that he should probably be doing his work instead of talking to me.

Me and Brayden have two lessons together, Science and PE. PE is his favourite subject, it's where he talks to his friends about girls that he likes, sometimes, he does this right in front of me, pretending as if we're not dating and he never knew me, as if I am not a human with feelings.

Brayden leaned forward so I can hear, he whispers the words "I love you" to me.

"Love you too, but I'm trying to do my work" I replied.

"God, you're so serious, you know, you can just sit back and relax, and so what if you don't do your work, what's the teacher going to do? Kill you?" He said.

After he said that, it made me remember that time in Year 4 when he threatened to kill the teacher because the teacher told him off for throwing scissors at someone. I think my Year 4  teacher was the nicest teacher I'd ever had.

I don't think Brayden actually loves me. I remember this time one time we were going out for a walk and he (Brayden) had called me a slut because apparently I didn't look "like a girl should" and apparently I showed "too much skin".

Brayden also touches me whenever and wherever he wants to. I don't like it. At all. But I just let it happen because he's my boyfriend.

Sometimes Brayden hits me when he's angry. Again, I don't like it, so after a few weeks of him hitting me, I went  and told my friends, who I trusted, but they said I was just a drama queen trying to find attention.

I remember I once told Brayden how I felt about him doing all those things to me, but he just said that all boyfriends do that to their girlfriends. Do they? Am I just over dramatic?