Chapter 6

LIAM

Hannah and I were cuddling together on the sectional on the back patio, my arm around her shoulders, both of us watching as Emily toddled around on her little tricycle, pushing it with her feet as she rode around in wide circles. She couldn't quite get the hang of the pedals just yet, but she was close. Soon she'd be zipping all around the patio, hell, the entire expansive yard, but for now, she was happy just to ride around like this.

It was starting to get a little bit chilly now, as September morphed into October. Hannah's hoodie was thin but soft and fleecy; I found myself rubbing my hand up and down her arm, almost as much to feel the material slide against my fingers as to touch her and press her close against me. Almost. Emily wore a light blue Frozen jacket that Hannah had found a week or so ago; Emily had been so excited when she got it that she refused to take it off now. Last night, she'd insisted on wearing it to bed over her pj's, and we'd had to wait for her to fall asleep before we could remove it. First thing this morning, she wailed until we allowed her to put it back on again.

"You know, we're going to have to go backand pick up about five more of these jackets," I said as we watched Emilycircle back in front of us again. She waved happily at us, and we bothwaved happily back. "She's going to wear through that one in notime."

"Yeah, I had the same thought. I'm going to go back tomorrow to get more. We'll be out and about while you're at work anyway." She paused for a moment, and then she spoke again, running her fingers through her hair in a nervous little gesture. "I've also made a doctor's appointment for tomorrow, to be put on birth control. I love you, and I have no interest in anyone else, and I like to think that you feel the same way, so I want us to be able to...you know...without a condom. If you're okay with that, of course." She rushed through the last sentence; when I looked at her, she was blushing hard, and she refused to make eye contact.

I immediately felt my body responding to the idea of sex without barriers. We'd done it once before, our first time, and it'd been incredible. The thought of being with her again with nothing at all separating us was something I wanted very, very much. The ultimate in intimacy. As far as I was concerned, she was the only one for me. I loved her more than anything and I wanted us both to feel everything, every single sensation, together.

I hooked a finger under her chin and raised it, urging her to look at me. She was still so shy sometimes, even with me, and I found it adorable that she couldn't even bring herself to say the word "sex." She was so innocent most of the time and yet so eager in bed, and I found that sexy as hell. "Of course, I'm okay with that. Are you kidding me? I've been craving it, ever since our first time." I leaned in and kissed her deeply, her lips soft and sweet beneath my own, then took her hand under the blanket we'd thrown over ourselves for warmth and pressed it to the bulge in the wool-blend pants I wore. "This is how okay with it I am."

She gasped, blushing even more, then pressed forward and kissed me again, rubbing her hand over my bulge, lightly squeezing my erection through the material there and making me groan. She nibbled at my bottom lip and then sucked it into her mouth. God, I loved the way she kissed me. She was painfully shy at times, but she was a confident kisser. She'd quickly learned what I liked and frequently used that knowledge to drive me crazy with need for her.

"Daddy, wook!" Emily chirped as she moved towards us again, and I groaned as I forced myself to pull away from Hannah, breathing heavily. I took a deep breath to compose myself and held out my free hand; Emily slapped me a high five on her way past.

As soon as she was past us, on her way around the circuit again, I leaned in close to Hannah, nuzzling my nose into the hollow just beneath her ear. "Don't start something g you can't finish, Sunshine," I growled.