Chapter 3

Dunk's POV

After a few minutes, the nurse checked the things attached to my body that I didn't know about. She informed me that all my results were normal and gave me some painkillers for my headaches. She explained that my headaches were just a result of the shock and force from the impact of my crash.

The nurse left the room, and I'm alone here. I felt bored, even though I wanted to leave and ride my motorcycle again, but I knew my dear friends wouldn't allow me to do so. "Speaking of my friends, why weren't they here?"

I was lost in deep thoughts when I suddenly found myself feeling sleepy. Maybe it's the effect of the painkillers the nurse gave me. After a few minutes, I started feeling drowsy and eventually fell asleep again.

"Psst, Mix, stop eating the fruits. Dunk needs them when he wakes up."
"Nah, he will never know."
*Chomp
*Chomp
*Nom nom
*Nom nom
I woke up when I heard two people arguing, and I knew exactly who they were. So, I slowly opened my eyes.
"You're such a greedy monkey," I managed to say, even though it was so difficult to speak. Despite the pain in my eyes from the reflection of the lights, I could see Mix and Phuwin beside me.
I could see the shocked expression on Mix's face, with the apple he was about to eat stuck in his mouth. I chuckled at that. He's such a naughty man, as always.

"Shia! Finally, Phuwin ran toward me and hugged me tightly, really tight. 'Hey... H-Hey, I can't breathe!'"
"Oh, sorry," he said and let go of me. I don't know, but haha... Their faces are just so funny.
"Are you okay? How do you feel? Is there something you need? Tell me," Phuwin asked me continuously.
"Ahmpfff..." I tried not to laugh, but...
"Don't laugh at me, Khyle Dunk del Fuego! Swear, I will spank you even if you're here at the hospital," he said seriously. When Phuwin says it seriously, I will definitely behave because I still love my life.

"Haha... Okay... Okay... Sorry," I smiled at him, but he just shrugged at me. "Haha... Okay, so can I go out of the hospital now? I don't like it here. I feel like I'm suffocating, I feel like I'm going to have a fever here, and besides, the nurse said my tests are okay."

They froze for a bit. "Really? Dunk, you don't know how much we worried about you, and then you just say that!" I frowned and just stared at them. And they both sighed... Are they twins or what? They acted at the same time.

"You collapsed in the middle of the racetrack because of your crash, and now you're telling me to go out?" Phuwin told me. At that moment, when he told me what actually happened, all the events from yesterday flashed into my mind again.

Naahhhh, I don't want to remember it again. But there's a scene flashing into my head. "B-baby?"

"Aaarrggggjhhhhhl!" I screamed as loudly as I could due to the pain. It felt like someone was smashing my head.

"Hey... DUNK? Are you okay?" Mix said, but I didn't pay attention to him.

"Baby," I whispered while staring at them.

"Dunk, Dunk, whose baby? Do you have a child that we don't know about? Or are you pregnant? When is this happening? Why didn't I know you were pregnant?" Mix said while grabbing and shaking my hand.

My head hurts even more because Mix is so chatty.

"No... It can't be... Are you crazy, Mix? Phuwin, spank his head."

"Mix, he is a boy. He can't bear a child. He can't be pregnant," he said to him in a very loud voice, not caring if there were people in the next room.

"What if he takes surrogacy without our knowledge? Mix shouted back."

"What if he takes surrogacy without our knowledge?" Mix shouted back.

I remained calm because I was stressed again with these two. It looks like they are the ones I will take care of here at the hospital. I sigh as I think.

"Dunk, who are you calling baby?" Phuwin asked with curiosity.

"I dreamed of someone, but I can't remember his name. We were arguing about something. I want to remember all my dreams, but I can't, and there's some scene where I'm in the cemetery and I called someone 'Baby'! He is a guy, but I can't remember his face." Mix and Phuwin were staring intently at me, as if checking if I'm telling the truth.

"Trust me," I said. "He was standing in front of me. Believe me! Phuwin? Mix?" I repeated it again, just to make them believe me.

"But how, Dunk? That's impossible that you dreamed of someone you don't know, and you call him 'Baby'," Mix said with his mouth full of food.

"I don't know," I immediately said, "because I'm confused too."

"Well-"

*KNOCK... KNOCK*

"Yes?" Phuwin said as the door opened.

"Sir, I'll just check on the patient," the nurse said.

"Okay, come in," Phuwin replied, letting her in.

I let go of Mix's arm, and the nurse checked my IV and other things that I didn't know. I deeply sighed and leaned my back against the headboard of my bed.

"You know what, Dunk? I think you need to rest. Maybe you're just hallucinating because ever since that jerk cheated on you, your life has become a waste," Phuwin said.

Yes, he's right. Since the day Steven broke up with me, I became arrogant in many things.

I remember that day; no one tried to talk to me. They never spoke and told me anything because they knew they couldn't get anything from me. I never ate nor slept, just drank water and lay down in my bed. I spent my time at the condo and at night at the bar, getting drunk. Even Mix and Phuwin never brought up what happened. They were just beside me, giving me encouragement every time.

"Yes, Phuwin is right. You need to move on. It's been 6 months already, Dunk. You need to let go of the past," Mix said. I can see how worried they are.

"Yes, I know. Don't worry, I can handle it now," I sincerely smiled at them.

"Just forget it, Dunk. Don't think too much," Phuwin said, while both of them hugged me.