12

Amani's pov

Well I only have two moths left here to work and honestly anwar has not been doing anything since I started working here. He will just attend meetings and that's literally all

I won't tell you guys what's going on in the office it's too boring! The dude doesn't even come to work anymore only when he has meetings

It was right after zuhur and I had nothing else to do. I finished packing up and headed down because staying here is actually depressing.

I got down to the reception and met with Mary which got to us talking.  I saw Anwar walking into the main door not dressed in his work clothes which everyone was surprised to see him in a black trouser and a shirt button up shirt.

Ofcourse with his usual straight face walking with so much confidence.

Everyone greeting him as he passes.

He looked at me and I could see a smile making its way to his face. He came towards me and he frowned. You won't greet? he asked and I scoffed.

You finally decided to show up to work huh I said and he chuckled.

Well you can leave you don't have any meeting today I said walking pass him.

Oh no I came for our second date he said putting his arms around my shoulder. Must you remind me that I'm short I asked looking up at him.

Oh come on......that's all I live for he said and I chuckled.

You know people here are gonna look at me like the girl who hooks up with her boss I said and a frown formed on his face.

Oh no I will make sure no one says that he said as we walked out of the building.

So where are we going for our second date I asked.

Remember your paying so we can go anywhere you want he said

Alright then.........your car or mine I asked and he raised his hands in surrender. Do I look like I came with a car? Ibrahim dropped me off he said and I made the ohh face.

Alright I see you won't mind entering a woman's driving I said as we walked towards my car. Don't worry I won't kill you I said as I got into the car.

He got in the passenger seat and I didn't even notice I was smiling.

Damn this is giving me joy!! I squealed and hit the road.

So where are you taking me he asked.

I'm taking you to go see my mum I said with my eyes on the road.

I was waiting for him to freak out and say no and just make a whole speech about on how his isn't ready to meet my mum but I got silence.

I glanced at him and he was comfortable typing away in his phone.

You're not going to oppose? I asked

Pft no I would love to meet your mum he said.

Hmm interesting I thought as I got to our gate.

I honked at the gate and Peter opened up.

I got in and parked the car beside my mums other car.

Come one let's go I said and hopped out.

Are you sure you're not gonna chicken out I said looking back at him as I held on the door handle.

Open the door Amani she said with a side smile.

I opened the door and the house was quiet actually.

We walked deeper into the living room. Here have a seat I will be right back I said and made my way to the kitchen to see if my mum was there.

I found laura doing the dishes. Hey Laura where's umma I asked and she looked at me.

Oh welcome Amani, umma just went upstairs she said and I nodded Ohk.

Can you please take water and some drinks out we have a guest I said and she nodded Ohk bringing out a tray.

I walked upstairs and headed to mums room. I knocked lightly on the door and got in.

I met her on her bed watching something on her phone.

Umma I'm back I said and she looked up at me with a smile.

Wow your early she said dropping her phone by her bedside drawer

Yeah I was done with work. Anwar came to see you I said and her eyes lit up.

Really no argument nothing she said standing up getting her vail.

That's exactly what I thought he was going to do but he was actually glad he was gonna meet you I said and she walked pass me.

Wow umma look how excited you are I said as we walked out together.

We walked down the stairs to the living room.

Anwar looked up as he heard the door to the living room open.

He squatted greeting my mum and I could see a wide smile on her face.

No no please sit down she said sitting on the sofa and he sat on the one sitter

Umma looked at me and gave me a thumbs up I literally face palmed myself in my head.

Let me just go change I said and she nodded.

I headed up to my room and stripped out of my abaya and wore a blue maxi dress.

I dropped my bag because l don't really need it since the dress has a pocket. I took my phone and headed down.

Saw umma coming up with a smile on her face.

Umma you need to stop smiling. May Allah give you the best my dear she said and walked pass me.

Hm I wonder what they spoke about.

I walked down and I met with anwar. Alright so where are we going I asked and he stood up.

I'm thinking ice cream I said as we walked out of the door.

Oh no no I don't like ice cream he said and I literally stoped right in my tracks and looked back at him.

You're not serious! are you?*chuckles*

Oh no I am it's too cold and it hurts my teeth he said as we got into the car.

Oh My God. Fine how about we go to yogoberry I said and he shrugged.

How is that any different with ice cream but anyways......

I'm cool with that he said and I hit the road to wuse.........

Comment
Share
Vote

🤍🤍🤍