1

Amani's pov

Amani!!!!!!!...........I heard my mum brutally yelling my name. Oh my God I'm so late. It's after 9:00am and I'm starting my NYSC today! I have to go for clearance and I might be posted to where I will be working for the next year. I hope!

Damn it Damn it!! I'm so confused I have no idea where my damn phone is. Luckily I heard it ring and yes I found it under my bed.

Please I'm not this messy I'm just in a rush. I hurried out wrapping my vail on my head. I met with umma by the door looking pissed.

I couldn't Find my phone ummaaa I pouted and she nodded her head in disappointment.

Get out your already late she says pushing me out of the house. Yeah I know that was NOT nice.

I got into my car.....well ummas car but she doesn't drive plus she has two cars so I basically own this one

I immediately got the road to zone 3 and this place is PACKED with people. Like I'm not even exaggerating or something. There are a lot of people here.

I had to suffer before I got a place to park which was frustrating. I rushed in and got it line. Believe me we did more than 30 minutes in the line before it started moving.

And those to clear us were right there sitting doing absolutely nothing! And they wonder why Nigeria will never move forward.

The line was moving slowly tho it finally got to me and I was cleared and posted to a company.

I was posted to AMA company. I have no idea what they do there but apparently it's a big company and a huge deal.

I drive to central area where it was located. Indeed this was a tall building.

I got in and headed straight to the receptionist. Hey I'm sorry I'm late I said to him and he gave he a warm smile.

It's ohk the manager is in you can go in he said pointing to a door at the far end. Mind you I was in my NYSC uniform!

I knocked gently and I got in. I saw a woman probably in her early 30. She saw me and gave me a warm smile aww atleast the people here are nice.

I'm so sorry I was late I said and took a seat infront of her desk.

Oh don't worry. I gave her the things required........I sat there for almost 20 minutes. I'm so sorry I'm trying to look for a department to put you in she said tap tapping on her laptop.

A call came through her inter come and she picked it. I could see the disturbance in her face and I just had to ask.

What happened? I asked Oh it's nothing the owners assistant just quit. This is the third person this week she said.

Oh can you do it please until we get him another one because I still can't get where to put you she said. Oh uhm sure I said not knowing what I'm. Getting myself into.

Ohk come let me show you she said and stood up. I followed her to the elevator and she clicked on the second to the last button.

*Ding* we got to the floor and I promise you this place is massive. There was a huge desk by the wall. There is a massive door with no knobs hmm interesting.

This is your table and Mr Abubakar is in his office she whispered the last part.

Why did you whisper I asked.

Well he dosent know the other one quit and his hard to live with she said and my facial expression totally fell.

He has anger issues she whispered and I was starting to think twice about this.

But don't worry you will be fine she said tapping my back. Oh and you don't have to wear that you can wear anything you want she said as she pressed the button for the elevator.

Thank you I said as she got into the elevator and she responded with a warm smile as it closed.

I heaved a huge sigh as I walked around the table to the chair.

The massive door got open and a woman walked out swaying her hips from one side to the order fuming with anger.

She got into the elevator and left I honestly don't think she saw me. 

Who are you? I heard a deep voice ask which totally startled me.

I looked at him and I could see the straight look on his face.

Uhm I.......I ...... and the new assistant I said and he looked at me us and down. Where is the other one? he asked

I was told she quit I said. Good she was supposed to.

Come with me he said walking into his office and I immediately dropped all my things on the table and followed him in.

He sat down behind his massive table looking at something on his laptop.

He was typing which he really is fast in that. See this he said turning the screen showing me emails.

I will send them to you and I need you to send them out ASAP got it! He said in the most intimidating voice ever.

Yes sir. I said and immediately turned walking out.

Wait....what's your name?  he asked

Amani I said

Good close the fort on your way out he said placing his legs on his desk.

I closed the door and I let out a huge sigh.

Dude! What the hell have I gotten myself into I thought leaning on the wall...

This is going to be one hell of a year!

Comment
Share
Vote

🤍🤍🤍