Poetry + Ferality in Romance (Dual Chapters)

Steven was having an intense moment of deja vu as the TV droned on in the background. He couldn't bring himself to focus on it for very long before he'd find himself watching his Connie.

They had laid in bed for an hour in comfortable silence as she drifted off to sleep. The entire time, Stevens gem was glowing brightly against the ceiling and the screens in his room flickered with his thoughts. The girl crush next to him throughout all of these years had become a woman he could not possibly live without. He had realized he was clenching his fist at the very idea of living a life without her and took a cleansing breath to relax.

Steven had been playing with a rampaging thought in his mind for around 45 minutes when Connie yawned cutely and opened her eyes. They'd decided on a random movie she enjoyed and situated themselves accordingly.

Her energy seemed back for the first time in weeks, and he could swear her skin looked just a bit brighter and softer.

Lately, he had felt something welling up inside him that had only intensified tenfold when he found out she was carrying a baby.

His baby.

That made him misty eyed. He gazed at her longingly as she laughed heartily at whatever was happening on screen.

"You are absolutely alluring."

She whipped her head back to look at him, her smile not faltering, but growing. It took him a moment to realize he'd spoken aloud. "I don't feel very pretty, I feel like I look... discombobulated."

Despite his slight sheepishness, he motioned her close to him for a quick kiss.

Well, he'd meant it to be quick. The second her lips met his, he hummed and pulled her onto his lap, the closeness only amplifying that deep and fervent notion. He didn't want to let go, he suspected he couldn't while she kept making sweet, soft little whimpers like this.

His hand found its way into her hair and threaded in close to her scalp before balling into a fist, his lips never parting from hers for a second. Connie's hands found their way under his shirt, lightly brushing her fingers against his gem and then up and down his sides with devilish intent.

Steven growled under his breath and pulled away. "I don't know what this is."

Connie's drunken expression changed to mild concern. "Come again?"

Steven licked his lips and sighed, still not letting go of her. "I must be a horrible, terrible person for this but ever since I found out you were pregnant there's been nothing short of a war going on inside me," His hand twitched at her side as he spoke. "I want to protect you. I'd do down right death row worthy things to anyone who hurt you or even just mildly annoyed you if you asked me to. That's never changed, but it's grown exponentially as of recently. Everything before all this, feels childish and distant to me suddenly. Whatever feeling I had before for you is nothing compared to how I'm feeling now. But..," He looked down at her gorgeous face and those intelligent brown eyes. "I also want to... absolutely and entirely ravage you in every way possible. I- I don't know if it's underlying panic or if I'm just going through some kind of weird emotional growth or–."

Connie put a trembling finger up to his lips. "Steven..." She whispered breathily. "I couldn't have said it better myself. This profound feeling we're both feeling is love, but–."

"–Even that doesn't begin to describe how I feel about you, Ni. Saying 'I love you' doesn't cut it anymore, but I'll continue to say it in hopes you'll understand."

Connie's eyes filled to the brim with tears, the surprised expression on her face crumbling as she began to cry. "You're an absolute poet Steven." She said into his neck.