𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒

CHAPTER NINE
A Blood Heist

With Elena out of Mystic Falls, Preston was doing her normal case run that Stefan asked her to do to see if anyone had any information regarding Silas. Not that they'd know who the hell Silas was, but they'd know if someone new was there.

    She got back to the Salvatore house and she saw Klaus talking to Caroline, who was telling him to leave.

    "Actually, I asked him to be here. We need his help. I think Silas is in Mystic Falls." Stefan informed.

    Klaus poured himself a drink of alcohol while Preston grabbed a cup of coffee. "So some blood went missing from a few hospitals. What about Elena? Don't vampires with their humanity off tend to overindulge on human blood. Or were you the exception?" Klaus turned around.

    "It's not Elena." Stefan replied.

    "Let's say for a moment that it was Silas. I'm struggling to see how this affects me." Klaus sat down.

    "Silas wants to die and be reunited with his one true love. But he's supernatural.If he takes the cure and dies... he's stuck on the other side." Stefan said.

    "Well, that's the supernatural version of Romeo & Juliet for you." Preston commented.

    "How Shakespearean." Klaus added.

    "If he destroys the other side altogether, he can take the cure, die and pass on. But in destroying it... every dead supernatural being will return to our side." Stefan explained.

    "That means every werewolf, every witch, every vampire. I wonder how many of those you've personally killed. Care yet? And Preston... you've killed a lot of supernatural creatures too." Caroline told both Preston and Klaus.

    "My interest is piqued. How do we stop him?" Klaus asked.

    "Bonnie said Silas needs to complete three massacres to do the spell. Before Shane died, he convinced the pastor to blow up the Council. Next, he had you kill your hybrids. Now, he only needs one more massacre. So if he's here, that's what he's doing. We need to find him." Stefan explained.

    The four of them entered the building.

    "What are we even looking for?" Caroline wondered.

    "Well, if Shane really was working with Silas... chances are he was helping him plan his next move." Stefan answered.

    Preston looked around the room, noticing every symbol, some she'd seen, others she hadn't.

    "Where? On hsi evil villain to-do list? Steal blood, perform three massacres, pick up dry cleaning?" Caroline joked.

    "Actually, we evil villains usually use minions to pick up our dry cleaning. That sort of thing." Klaus replied.

    Preston laughed. Then she stopped. "Wait, are you serious?" She asked.

    As he was about to answer, Caroline cut in, "why is he necessary, again?"