𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
Snap, Crackle, Pop

Enzo wasn't lying when he said it was a surprise. Preston didn't know where in fucking hell they were.

"Are we there yet?" Preston asked.

"How many times are you going to ask that?" Enzo questioned.

Preston furrowed her brows when she saw the Chevrolet dealership. Preston looked at Enzo, "why are we at a dealership?" Preston asked.

"To get furniture." Enzo sassed, putting the car in park.

Preston hid her smile when she stepped out of the car, glancing at the trucks, smiling softly.

"Come on." Enzo nodded for her to follow him into the dealership building.

A man greeted them when they walked in. "Hello." He greeted excitedly, confusing Preston at how someone could be this happy at ten in the morning. "I'm Marty." He introduced quickly, motioning for them to sit down at the desk.

"McFly?" Preston joked.

"I'm not sure I understand." Marty responded.

"Never mind."

"Enzo. I put in an order two days ago for her." Enzo quickly told him.

"Ah, yes. One of the trucks, correct?" Marty waited for confirmation, which Enzo nodded in response.

Preston looked at Enzo with a confused look on her face. Enzo kept his gaze on Marty. "Chevy Silverado 1500, 2013." Enzo told him.

"So, are you two related—"

"She's my daughter." Enzo half-lied. "Her mum and I were young." Enzo continued the story.

"That makes sense, you two look a lot alike." Marty said.

Preston furrowed her brows.

After paperwork was signed and it was proven that Preston did in fact have a license, Marty handed her the keys to the truck. Preston looked at her new truck with starry eyes. "You got me a truck." Preston realised.

"I recall you mentioning you wanted one." Enzo told her.

Preston looked at the truck, smiling. Preston looked at Enzo, who had now pulled her into a side hug. He ruffled her hair, "go on." Enzo urged.

Preston climbed into the driver's seat. "I'll meet you at the Thumbs Up Diner." Preston told him.

Preston put the truck in drive, smiling when she heard the roaring engine. She eventually found the diner, and walked in to see Caroline. Enzo hadn't gotten there yet, so Preston sat across from Caroline. "Why are you here and Enzo isn't?" Caroline questioned.

"Enzo took me to get a Chevy truck." Preston said with a smile.

"He's really taking that whole 'dad role' thing to heart, huh?" Caroline stated.