𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒

CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
Two Birds On A Wire

Preston heard Caroline crying, making her eyes go wide. She was ready to kill whoever hurt her, then she saw Stefan's very dead body laying on the couch.

"Oh my god, Stefan." Elena breathed out, running behind Preston.

"I didn't— I didn't know where to bring him. I just couldn't leave him outside. Bonnie has a plan, right?" Caroline looked up at Damon with tears running down her face. She looked like she was clinging onto every hope she could possibly ever have.

Damon was trying to hold back tears.

"She said that she could bring people back. Tell me that she can bring him back." Caroline begged with tears in her eyes.

"We'll bring him back. Come on. Let's get away from prying eyes." Damon suggested, covering Stefan's dead body with a red blanket.

Long story short, they managed to find Bonnie. And now, Damon was throwing random shit around in somewhat justifiable anger, which pained Preston to think about how it was.

"Damon, stop." Bonnie told him.

It was just Bonnie, Preston, and Damon in that room. And every time Damon threw a glass against the wall, she was five again.

"You said you had a plan, Bonnie." Damon said.

"I did. I had a Traveler who knew the right spell." Bonnie replied.

"And you lost her."

"I didn't lose her. She was sucked into oblivion like everyone else on the Other Side."

"Then find another one." Damon gritted his teeth.

"It's more than just knowing the spell. Markos was able to come back because dozens of Travelers were willing to sacrifice themselves in order to overwhelm me. I doubt they'll be willing to do that for a bunch of supernatural strangers." Bonnie explained.

"You know who needs motivation? You need motivation. Because if the Other Side goes away, everyone we know there... including you, goes away with it." Damon told her.

"I know that. Do you think I wanna die?" Bonnie asked him in a hushed tone.

"My brother is over there." Damon told her.

"I know that."

"So is Alaric, so is your grams." Damon threw away the metal piece.

"I know that, Damon." Bonnie said, looking past Damon with tears in her eyes. "Enzo is here."

Preston didn't know it, but she was now looking directly at his ghost.

"Well if it isn't Mr. Butterfingers himself. How'd it feel to have your only hope of coming back slip through your fingers?" Damon grunted.

"Are you serious? You found another Traveler?" Bonnie was asking Enzo.

"Well, then, get on it." Damon said to air.