Chapter Seven - asshole festival

"I told you, Eddie! I didn't get any sleep so don't blame me if I can't listen!" I tell Eddie for the millionth time while he asks me why I won't focus and what will make me act more awake. "Ok, how about this, you get me a caramel ice cream and I promise I'll stay awake and listen more." I request "on it!" He says before running away. Hah! Gullible child.

Eddie comes back with a caramel and two vanilla ice creams for me, him and Richie. He hands me mine and Richie keeps asking me to try his. "Just try it!" "No!" "Not even a little bit? Just a little?" "Why do you want me to?" I'm suspicious now. "Just because." "Fine! if you promise it will get you to stop talking?" I ask and he nods. I agree and lean forward to get a small lick of his ice cream when suddenly, he pushes it towards me and shoves it onto my cheeks, nose and mouth. I pull back surprised. "Richard Tozier!" I scream, attracting the attention of the others and they start laughing too at the strange scene they're watching unfold. Richie's now laughing so hard that he's on his knees and clutching his stomach. He manages to stand up and I wipe my hand over my cheek, trying to get the sticky liquid off but end up just smudging my makeup, making him laugh more. "You think this is funny huh?" I wipe as much of the melted, sticky ice cream into my palm as I can and wipe it on his face. I laugh but stop when he punches me in the shoulder. I punch him in the stomach and we continue punching, slapping and kicking at each other for a while everyone goes back to their conversations until Richie tries to kick me but I grab his leg making him fall. He grabs my shirt and I fall beside and partly on top of him as we laugh together.

Eddie is talking to Stan and the rest of the losers are talking about Betty, Ed and missing kids. Richie is slightly propped up against the bench with me laying next to him with my head on his chest and pointing out different clouds and what they look like. "That one is a bear! That's a dragon and that's a-" "dick," Richie interrupts "No! No, it-... it-... yeah, it's a dick." I chuckle and Bill shouts over to us to hurry up and follow them

I'm zoned out until Eddie taps me on the shoulder. "-My grandfather thinks this town is cursed. He says that everything that happens in this town is because of one thing. Something evil that feeds off the people of Derry." Mike states. "Ok. One, what are we talking about? Two, I just came back from like a million miles away and that was a pretty fucking dark thing to hear man." Richie chuckles and Stan ignores me. "But it can't be one thing, we all saw something different." Stan observes. "Ok that was rude Stan but also, hear me out, what if it takes the form of what we fear most?" I say and everyone nods. "I saw a leper. It was a walking infection." Eddie shudders at the memory. "But you didn't," Stan slaps his hand over my mouth before I can say anything. I really wanna lick it. I'm not gonna because I'm a good sister. I licked it. He takes away his hand and grimaces, wiping is palm on my shoulder as Richie and I chuckle. "Because it's not real. Not Eddie Leper or Bill seeing Georgie or the woman I keep seeing!" He says and I shout "You've been seeing someone?! Stanley Uris!" At the same time, Richie asked if she was hot. Heh. As if Urine would meet a hot girl. "No Richie! She's not! None of this makes any sense! They're all like bad dreams." They all argue about dreams and knowing what's real while I look at Richie and we shrug. Then Eddie asks if Mike has seen anything.

"Yes. You know that burned-down house on old Harris Avenue?" He asks and we nod. "I was inside when it burned down. Before I was rescued, Mom and Dad were in the next room. They were pushing and pounding on the door, trying to get to me. But it was too hot." He paused and I put my hand on his shoulder and he smiled at me before carrying on. "When the firemen finally found them, their skin was melted down to the bone. Everyone's afraid of something." "You got that right," Richie says and Eddie asks what he's afraid of. "Clowns." He said and I laughed "Well then, it kind of sucks to be you right now because we are dealing with a demonic one! How ironic!"  "Beep beep Ashley!" Eddie yells at us. "No, no. No, no. Beep beep Richie, not beep beep Ashley." I corrected him. "No. I don't care how much you two hate each other, you're the two biggest assholes in the group, therefore, you're the  asshole duo, you both now go by the beep beep rule." Stan says to me and I shake my head slowly. "Damn Stan." I say "Ice cold Stan." Richie mutters. "I know right? Shut up! You shut it!" We say at the same time. "Asshole," Richie whispers looking away. "Loudmouth," I say also looking away.

"Now that t-that's over, l-let's go to my house a-and look at the m-maps," Bill says. "Oh yay. How fun. Geography." I say unenthusiastically and get ignored yet again. Except for Richie, who just chuckles and pats me on the top of the head because he's taller than me. Is there a reason he's being nice all of a sudden? I think something is going on here. Scratch that, there is definitely something going on here. I smell suspiciousness

A/N
Hello, all of you lovely people! Sorry about the last bit, I just wanted to get the word count to over 1000. And Sorry guys the original chapter was a lot longer but it didn't save so I had to rewrite it all at two forty in the morning you can see how that turned out, can't you? Anyway, have an awesome day or night or evening or whenever it is where you are right now! Goodbye!

Words- 1024