7. Dull

Saiki couldn't do it anymore. The more he tried to push down his feelings, the stronger they became. He considered quitting, to avoid interaction completely. But it would only be 2 days until his next paycheck, and 2 days until break was over.

After some deep thought and realization, he decided he should confess. Confess, get it over with, and quit. He would do it after his shift, so he could teleport home right away with no awkwardness.

Slipping off his ring to hear a response, he put his hand on Toritsuka shoulder and conveyed a message. 'Toritsuka. I want to talk to you after work.'

'We always do, silly!' he replied, carefree, and putting cash into the register. 'But alright'

Saiki put his ring back on and dreaded the end of his shift.

☕︎︎☕︎︎☕︎

They were outside, with the shop already cleaned and they were now facing each other. "Is something wrong? Am I in trouble?" Toritsuka jokingly asked, but he was truly curious about what Saiki had to say.

Saiki dug his hands deeper into his pocket. 'I've been feeling different recently.. About you.' Saiki looked up at him and got the feeling again. Just the sight of him made him feel fuzzy!

"ok!'' Toritsuka said, losing interest and looking up at a bird.

'was he serious?' Saiki was gonna lose it. Did he really have to say it?

'You've been more tolerant lately. I enjoy spending time with you.' He mumbled, hoping Toritsuka would finally take a hint.

"What's with the compliments?" He asked with a smile, raising a fist to his mouth. "me too by the way! Why are you telling me this though?"

Snow was falling from the sky, and it was softly landing in both of their hairs, and landing around them.

Saiki couldn't handle this. How stupid could he be? 'God, you're dull.'

then he walked up to him

and kissed him.

...

and he was kissing him back.