˗ ˏˋ Chapter 4 - Sleep

Sayuri looked around at the destruction surrounding her. Her fault, she kept reminding herself. The hatred inside of her kept growing and growing. The dying cursed her, the dead tormented her and the living blamed her. No matter where she goes now, she will never find peace. She looked at her father's satisfied face. No matter what he did, for some reason, she could never feel hatred towards him. She should have hated him and cursed him for everything he did, but she didn't.

  Sayuri was a half curse. Her curse was made from the hatred non-sorcerers have towards themselves. Self hatred, depression, suicidal thoughts, that is what made Sayuri a curse. Death shouldn't have affected her like this, but she was only half curse, inside her was a half human. A human soul that could feel pain and understand emotions. The soul that she had kept hidden away from the moment she was born, was rising up little by little. Yet, hate never woke up. Why could she not hate even when she wanted to?

  "Go back to Uraume," Was all Sukuna said before he left to hunt down whoever got the chance to run away. He wouldn't stop until the whole clan was annihilated. He never had anything against the Tenshi clan, his only relation towards them was that they were his in-laws. But he couldn't care less. He just wanted to kill them, for fun.

  Sayuri, being the obedient child she was raised to be, listened to her father's words and slowly walked towards her house. She couldn't bear to look back at her family's corpses. They would all burn into ashes in the fire later. Sayuri couldn't walk straight and kept wobbling. She couldn't leave. At some point she stopped walking and her feet stayed glued to the ground. There was something cold and ticklish on her face. She brought her hand up to her face and touched the mysterious substance. They were her tears. She was crying. Sayuri realised that she was mourning. The tears kept falling and falling and they wouldn't stop. Slowly a small sound tried to escape her throat. She wanted to shout and curse at the entire world for what it did to her.

  Sayuri fell on her knees and covered her face as the tears kept falling. Kimio, the black snake and Mikio, the white snake, slowly slithered out of Sayuri's sleeves. Sayuri had named them from what she could think of. The two snakes, Kimio on the left and Mikio on the right, rested their heads on the girl's leg and tried to give her comfort, but it clearly wasn't working. "Go away" she said, trying to shake them off of her. Her sadness soon turned into pain. The pain which now the snakes shared. It was torture for three of them. The snakes kept growing bigger and bigger and wouldn't stop, until they reached the height of a monster. The people in the nearby village could easily spot the smoke and the two large monsters, hissing in pain. Alerted, they inform the jujutsu sorcerers.

  When they arrive, they spot the half curse clinging to herself in pain and snakes going wild, destroying everything. It was a scary sight and no one would dare enter. They could only watch everything. Sayuri looked at them, her red eyes dilated with fear, pain, sadness and anger. One look, that was all it took, before each of them started to take their own lives. It was not a beautiful sight at all.

  Each of them killed themselves without a second thought until none was left. Sayuri's eyes were shaking at what she had just seen. Did she kill them? But how? Sayuri backed away and closed her eyes not wanting to see something so horrid ever again. She didn't mind killing humans or curses, but when she saw the things humans do to themselves, she felt disgusted somehow, but she also felt stronger. It's where her powers come from after all.

  Sayuri slowly started to lose her consciousness and felt her eyes flutter. Everything was spinning and the fire wouldn't stop. Before she could get up, she fell down and hit her head on the ground, falling into a deep slumber where reality couldn't interfere with her thoughts. The snakes on the other, could finally subside the pain after their master had fallen. They started to shrink and slithered back into her sleeves. But the villagers could not forget what they saw. They ran around everywhere, telling everyone how the child of Sukuna destroyed the Tenshi clan and killed the sorcerers. They were all lies but yet no one to stop them either.