Chapter 5

Phil's POV**

I pulled my hair. Why wasn't he responding? Maybe he's in trouble. It looked like he hadn't left the flat in days. I grabbed my phone. Whether he liked it or not I'm going to check on him.

Dan's POV**

I slowly dragged the razor across my skin. The blood started to appear and I leaned back against the toilet seat. I felt a little better. Not much, but enough. All of the sudden I heard a knock on my door.

SHIT!!

You're screwed if it's Phil.

It won't be Phil.

You don't know that.

Oh shut it!

I put the razor back in its rag and pulled my sweater sleeves down as I walked out of the bathroom. The rag was hidden behind the toilet. The person knocked again.

"I'm coming!"

I ran to the door and, without thinking (as was my forte), I swung open the door. There in the doorway was a distressed looking Phil. I tried to shut the door, not necessarily out of anger, but more out of shame. The once clean flat he moved out of was now a total wreck.

"Dan...Dan wait. Can we please try to talk?"

The anger I didn't know I had, all of the sudden came bubbling to the surface.

"Talk?! I have been falling apart for a week Phil! A week! Where were you wanting to talk then?! I'd been beating myself up thinking it was all my fault! If you want to talk...fine. If you want to move back in...fine. If you want to heal me...it's too late."

I slammed the door and broke down.

Phil's POV**

"It's too late."

He slammed the door and I could hear him crying from the other side of the door. It was breaking my heart to see him like this. I knocked on the door softly.

"Just go Phil! I know you don't want to be here!"

I checked under the crack in the carpet, not surprised, to see the spare key right where I left it. I put it in and turned the lock. I swung open the door to see Dan on the couch with a box of tissues just staring at the floor still sniffling. I walked over to the couch and sat down next to him. Without a word I wrapped my arms around him as he leaned his head on my shoulder.

"I'm not going anywhere."