Chapter 8

Phil's POV**

"Dan!"

I waited. He usually doesn't sleep in this late. Maybe it was the e-mail last night. I mean, it was 4 am by the time he actually sent it to me. Somehow though I was still the first one up. I made pancakes for breakfast. It was his favorite and I also needed something to settle my nerves.

I walked down the hall and knocked on his door. A few minutes later Dan opened the door. He was in nothing but plaid red boxers and disheveled looking hair. I swallowed.

"Dan, I made breakfast come on out and eat."

He nodded and shut the door. I really need to talk to him.

Dan's POV**

I put on my usual outfit. An oversized sweater with skinny jeans and non-matching socks. I walked out into the kitchen, basically following my nose, to see Phil setting our plates on the island. He looked at me and beamed. I tried to return his smile but all he got was a weak little grimace.

I sat down and devoured my plate, not realizing how hungry I was.

"Dan we need to talk."

Dread filled my stomach. What if he's gonna move out again? What if he's gonna kick me out? What if he's gonna send me to a mental hospital or something. I nodded weakly and we cleaned up our plates.

We walked into the living room and sat down on the couch. I tapped my fingers in nervous anticipation.

"Dan you've been depressed lately. I know I haven't been the best friend lately with this. I'm sorry. I honestly have no clue what I'm doing. I've tried to think of ways to help you, like a counselor-"

"NO!!"

He put his hand on mine to settle me down.

"But I know you would decline because that's just the kind of person you are. I thought we could start over though. Way over. Like we just first met over."

I laughed. Phil was being so ridiculous.

"Phil, we don't have to go back that far."

"I think we do."

"We don't. I promise you. I'll try to be happier now that I've got my best friend back."

He stuck out his hand.

"Hi, I'm Phillip Lester."

I shook my head laughing. I stood up and walked away.

I'm glad we settled this. Now I have Phil back.

Not angry Phil, best friend Phil.

I think I can live with him.