Chapter 3: Fight First, Ask Nothing At All

George's Pov.

I kept pushing past the other kids swarming the hallways as I stormed down the corridor. When lunchtime arrived, students were free to roam the building, which was the school's method of letting them hang around in the classes that had the lunch break. I could still hear Tony and Franklin chasing after me as they ran.

Finally, as I walked down to Milo's classroom, I felt Franklin's hand touch my shoulder. "George, stop making assumptions and come on. Besides, Dylan doesn't consistently come after Milo or you. With him, it's something that only happens occasionally. What gives you the impression that he's going after Milo?" I stopped, gave him a quick look over my shoulder, and then turned to face the direction I was going.

Joshua Ward, one of the students, was walking in our direction as I approached the hallway where Milo's class was situated. In addition to being a resident of Blessing Street, he was also a student who was invited to Franklin's Halloween party. However, I can tell he wasn't planning on stopping to engage in small talk and was instead heading to the cafeteria for some lunch because he was next to the wall dodging the other kids.

"Hey, Joshua." Joshua halted when I yelled his name. After pausing, Joshua turned to face us. "Yeah, what's up?" Though it was obvious from the look on his face that he already knew the answer to my question, he still asked. "Where's Milo?" I was direct in asking the question.

Joshua glanced at me before turning to face Franklin and Tony. At last, he turned to face me while sucking his lips. "Dylan is picking on him once again. He has his lunch this time," said Joshua. I shook my head in disappointment as I peered over my shoulder to glance at Franklin. I turned my head back to face Joshua. "Thanks." I pushed him aside and walked to Milo's classroom after that. "Thanks, man." Franklin and Tony kept following me and I could hear what Franklin said to Joshua.

When we arrived at the classroom, I halted Franklin and pointed in his direction. I looked at him with a deadpan sternness. "Do whatever you have to say to convince me to hold off on what I'm about to do; if he puts his hands on Milo, it's game over. Do you understand?" I ask him while continuing to give him a hard look.

"I guess... because this is our senior year of high school, I suppose sometimes we all need to let loose. If he does hurt Milo, you just do what you have to do," he replied, finally sparing me one of his monologues about not doing it. "Thanks... come on," I remarked as the three of us peered covertly into the classroom and observed Dylan and his pals tormenting Milo. "Filthy fuckfaced motherfucker." The three of us watched from the hallway as Tony grumbled under his breath, pulling his hair to the side and leaning on my shoulders for support. "Come on," I murmured to the three as we entered the classroom covertly. In the class, there were some more students. While others looked on, perhaps terrified of Dylan, others were telling Dylan and his friends to stop. Some people were merely observing since they probably expected a fight to start. That was going to happen if Dylan went over his limit.

"Come on, Dennis, go on, just take it." No doubt Dylan was making fun of Milo's height as he dangled a paper bag above him in his hand at a height he couldn't reach. One of Dylan's buddies chuckled and gave Milo a strong slap on the back of the head, saying, "Yeah, that's all you gotta do, Dennis, take it."

Milo didn't even try to reach for the bag, either because he knew he couldn't, because he didn't care, or because he knew Dylan would simply take it from him. But as Milo got up and shoved Dylan, my eyes grew wide with amazement. Because Dylan is taller than Milo, it was unexpected that he even nearly fell backward.

Dylan appeared to be stunned for a brief period, at least. However, he soon grinned, and I immediately understood what that smile signified. "Wow, good one Dennis." Dylan then drew back his arm and smacked Milo across the face, leaving a handprint on his cheek as Milo sank back into his seat. "Can ya'll take another minute of this shit?" Tony and Franklin heard me murmur. "Not another fucking minute," Tony murmured. "Dylan, hey! Why don't you quit being such a fucking dickhole all the time and shut the fuck up?" As I walked up behind Dylan and spoke, I could feel my chest getting agitated.