Chapter 8: Chills and Thrills '89

October 12th, 1989.

Third Pov.

The last time Dylan and George fought was almost days ago. Of course, people have been talking about it ever since it happened, but after a couple of days, people forgot about it, like it never happened. It wasn't surprising for George or the others that the fight didn't last long, as to the other students in 1273 Rockefeller High, a fight was just a one-time occurrence and as always, they're only going to talk about it either for today, or tomorrow, or maybe the entire week since it happened.

But, as always, everyone was going to forget the fight ever happened, and only going to be brought up once or twice before being put to rest. However, George was unconcerned with such kind of stuff. To him, he was just pleased that he could finally put Dylan in his place.

Franklin brought up a different topic while George and his buddies were chatting casually about how the movie with Krovlenka went on the stairs.

"So, you planning on going to Chills and Thrills this weekend?" As George was finishing his lunch, Franklin asked. They would have preferred it that way because they could now sit on the staircase instead of their usual positions in the cafeteria, which were suddenly being taken. "Of course I am. We go every time." With a laugh, George answered.

With a laugh, Franklin takes a bite out of his food. Tony interrupted Franklin before he could say anything further. "How about your girlfriend, then? Are you taking her to the thing?" The fact that Tony seemed to have forgotten all about it was not surprising. As usual, Tony forgot about it all and started to be supportive of the fact that George had a girlfriend before graduating from high school. At first, he was upset that George had a girlfriend before him and possibly even jealous that he was talking to a lady.

George answered that question with a smile on his face, though his initial reaction was he wasn't sure how to respond. "Yeah, I am. I'm taking her around the city because she just moved here in August." That was all he could think of to say, and he needed to come up with a backstory. George continued, "To be honest with you, we got along well."

Milo remained silent. Out of all of them, he was always the quiet one who only said when something was important or when someone spoke to him directly. "So... what's her name?" The three were not expecting to hear that from Milo. However, as he puts it out there, Tony and Franklin were unaware of this girl's name at all. Joshua remained silent about her name, mentioning just her appearance.

"Yeah, well, how about it, dude? We know she's your girlfriend, but what's her name?" Franklin asks, arching an eyebrow and fixing George with a puzzled expression.

George ultimately revealed Krovlenka's identity. "Her name's Krovlenka, Krovlenka Vorovka." Franklin and Tony nearly choked on their food and threw out their drinks at the mere mention of her name, but Milo looked up at George immediately, his mouth hanging slightly open in confusion.

"She's a Russian?" Franklin asks, while he still seems astonished, his tone more fascinated than dismayed. "Yeah, she is. I suppose it was obvious from the name?" Naturally, her name gave it away, but ironically, during the Cold War, her name simply sounded Russian to all Americans due to the indirect conflict between the United States and Russia. "Yeah, it did," Franklin answered, still in disbelief that George had a Russian girlfriend. He thought, at least, that she was. "So... you're dating a commie?" Franklin gives Tony a hefty smack across the head when he asks. It wasn't hard, but it was enough to make him realize a few things. "Hey, hey, watch it. "That's the man's girlfriend, dude." Franklin gave him a disgruntled finger point. "I know but still, an American and a Russian, together?" Though he was aware of the Cold War and could understand Tony's feelings, George nonetheless felt compelled to speak up.