4

Marley G. Cooper

"I'm pregnant." I watched as both Shilo and Shedeur sat on my sofa staring at me in disbelief. I stared back, waiting on some kind of response, but the silence was deafening. Lame.

"I'm just playing, y'all can breathe now." I laughed a little, seeing relief on their faces.

"That's not funny..." they mumbled simultaneously. I shrugged, adjusting myself to be more comfortable on my love seat. I had just wanted to lighten the mood a bit before we addressed the elephant in the room.

"Okay I want to start this off by asking if y'all are sure that this is what you want...that I'm what you want. Y'all are brothers before anything...I don't want to be the reason the nature of your relationship changes." I explained one of my many worries about the situation.

"You are what I want...we want. We already talked, and no matter who you choose, we gone be straight." Shilo said, Shedeur nodding in agreement. I was a little shocked, but glad to know they'd communicated to some extent.

"Okay but what if I don't pick neither one of y'all and our friendship falls apart. Or I pick one and we break up...or I pick one and we go the distance, now you gotta be my brother-in-law and it's awkward. We not worried about none of that?"

"I feel like I speak for both of us when I say, regardless of the outcome, we not throwing away all these years of friendship. And if you pick me, you don't gotta worry about us breaking up because once I got you I'm never letting you go." Shedeur spoke while making direct eye contact with me, now sitting up on the sofa.

Shilo rolled his eyes before sitting up himself, "I know this an uncomfortable situation, but worrying about the future and potential consequences gone make it harder for you to decide. Focusing on how you feel right now, what do you want to do?"

I stared at the two of them for a moment before sighing "I don't know." My response causing both boys to look disappointed.

"If either one of you confessed years ago, things might be different. But at this point in life, both of you have your own special places in my heart. I'm not saying yes right now to either of you, but I'm not saying no. This is a big decision, and I want to give myself time to make sure I make the right one."

They both nodded at my words in an understanding manner, making me smile slightly. I had been nervous about this conversation, unsure about how it'd go, but happy it had seemingly went well.

"Well I don't know bout him, but I plan on taking the time to show you why the right choice is me." Shilo said with a smile as he stood up.

"You aint learned to move in silence by now?" Shedeur said standing up as well. I laughed as Shilo mugged him, unwrapping myself from my blanket.

"Group hug then you guys can go." I stood walking over to them with my arms open. We all embraced one another, and I saw them out.

"Your goofy ass really brought her a car." I heard Shilo say with a chuckle as he got in the passenger seat, "Shut up." Shedeur responded getting in the driver side.

I knew this was only the beginning of things, but I felt better about how things would be moving forward. Having had enough excitement in my life for the day, I headed to bed.

Saturday rolled around, which meant it was game day. I used to go back and forth with who's number I wore, one weekend wearing Shilo's and the other Shedeur's, but considering the circumstances I felt like I should just wear normal clothes. I didn't want them feeling like I had a favorite because I honestly didn't.

I hummed along to All For Me by Mariah The Scientist while it played from my speaker, spritzing my perfume on as a final touch to my outfit.

"What song this is?" I jumped at the sound of Shedeur's voice, turning around seeing him standing in my doorway.

"This the kind of behavior that's gone make me take your key." I said placing my hand on my now racing heart, he only shrugged in response moving to sit on my bed.

"Shouldn't you be at the stadium?" I questioned looking at the time, "I came to get you. You ready?" he asked, and I nodded by head.

We headed out the door and I paused as I watched him walk over to my G-wagon, opening the passenger side door and getting in.

"Shedeur I don't think—"

"Come on before you have us late." He interrupted making me sigh. I said a quick prayer before getting into the driver's side. After adjusting my seat and mirrors, we were off.

"You doing good, relax a little bit." He encouraged and I nodded feeling myself start to relax. I was glad I didn't live extremely far from the stadium, feeling proud of myself as I approached the turn to the parking lot.

"I really do this driving shi—" I started but gasped once I heard the loud sound of the tire colliding with the curb.

"Oh my god when did they put that curb there" I frowned as I pulled into a parking spot. I looked over at Shedeur who was laughing to the point to where he was in tears.

I lightly hit his arm, feeling a bit embarrassed. "It's not funny Shedeur, is the car ok?"

"I doubt it." He spoke while wiping his eyes, opening his door to get out the car. I walked around to the passenger side, seeing him bent down looking at the tire.

"It's just a little scraped, nothing major. You still did good alright?" he said throwing a comforting arm around my shoulder.

I nodded slightly as we started to walk towards the players entrance. "You really are crazy for buying me a car knowing how I drive..." I said lowly making him shrug "Crazy for you."

I couldn't help but smile at his response, it was corny but cute.

We parted ways and I found my usual seat, cheering for them almost the entire game. Afterwards, I headed to the back to wait for them, and it just so happened that Shilo was the first one who found me.

"You did so good Shi!" I said while hugging him, "It's cause you was here. You know you my good luck charm." He responded with a smile, "You hungry?" he asked, and I nodded my head.

"Alright we finna go get something to eat, come on." He said draping his arm around me, leading us off. "But I drove Shedeur here." I said not wanting to leave him stranded.

"Where your keys?" Shilo asked and I took them out of my purse, handing them to him. He turned around, seeing Travis walked in our direction.

"Aye Trav, do me a favor and give these to Shedeur. Tell him Marley with me." He threw Travis the keys and he caught them "I got you."

"Alright let's go." Shilo said returning his attention to me.

He took us to a rooftop restaurant, and I was really enjoying myself. The food was just as amazing as my company. I sighed internally as I found myself staring at him.

Both he and Shedeur were giving me their all, making my decision even harder.

"Why you so quiet? You thinking about me?" Shilo asked playfully, "Yea..." I responded, making him smile.

"Let's keep it that way."

This was going to be the death of me.