10.2

❀Marley G. Cooper❀

I woke up to the sound of music coming from my kitchen, along with the smell of breakfast. I sat up slowly and wrapped myself in my blanket before making my way to the source of the noise and smell. It took me a while due to me still being sore from the accident, but I eventually made it seeing Shilo standing over the stove.

"Awww" I said taking in the sight. He had some flowers on my island along with plates of French toast, bacon, fruit, and I could see he was working on the eggs. He even had apple juice for me, knowing I didn't care for orange juice.

He turned around at me exclamation, smacking his teeth at the sight of me standing "Why you out of bed? I was gone come get you."

"You know I'm a light sleeper. And I can walk Shi, it might be slowly but I can still walk." I said as I took a seat at the island. I reached over, grabbing the flowers and taking a quick whiff of them, letting out a breath of satisfaction. He finished the eggs and came over adding them to our plates before coming over to sit next to me.

"Well good morning beautiful." He said leaning over and placing multiple kisses on my lips, "Good morning. What I do to deserve all this?" I asked taking a bite of the food, mildly surprised by how good it tasted.

"You don't got to do nothing to deserve special treatment. You feeling okay?" he asked, and I nodded, swallowing the food before responding "Yea just a little sore."

"Doctor said it'll be good to keep you moving so we gone go on a walk after this." He said and I nodded. Shilo had basically been glued to my hip from the hospital till now, and I was grateful. Moving from friends to lovers came easy to us and having him around definitely made things easier for me at this time in life.

"Look bae, Shedeur saying you bought the food." I said laughing as I showed him the text message from Shedeur, "He just mad he can't make nothing but burnt toast." I chuckled at his response before responding and putting my phone down. From the jump Shedeur had been understanding, and happy for my happiness. I was glad that we were all getting along as if nothing had ever happened.

After we finished eating, he carried me back to my room so I could get ready. I got dressed in some light workout clothes, before heading to his car so he could drive to the destination.

Once we were at the park we started walking the nature trail. I was moving slow, because I was tired and to enjoy the scenery. Shilo made sure to stay at my pace, and stopping whenever I needed a break.

"You doing good baby, we almost at the end." He encouraged and I nodded just trying to focus on getting through this. After about 5 more minutes, we had reached the end of the trail, and I was just happy to get back in the car with some AC. After cooling down I looked up, noticing Shilo was staring at me with a slight smile on his face.

"What? Something on me?" I questioned and he shook his head no, "I'm just really happy I get to call you mine Marley."

I smiled at him, feeling my heart flutter as I leaned over to give him a kiss. Choosing Shilo was easily the best decision I'd ever made.