6

Omniscient

After giving herself a well-needed break from the boys, Marley felt refreshed, even if it had just been for a few days. Since they were feening to be in her presence, she'd promised them both one-on-one days, allowing them to plan the activities. She'd been told that who went first came down to a game of ping pong, which Shilo won.

As Marley sat on the sofa about to put on her shoes, she heard the front door unlocking and in walked Shilo. He smiled once he saw the woman, admiring her beauty as he got closer.

"You dressed like you finna hit the runway girl."

Marley chuckled at Shilo leaning down to put on her shoes, "Who letting me on they runway in jeans?"

"Anybody with eyes can see you belong on a runway...why you tying them like that?" Shilo said while frowning at how Marley was tying her high-top Jordan 1s.

"I always tie my shoes like this." She stopped, looking up seeing him shaking his head.

"Give me your foot." He bent down and she extended her foot towards him, allowing him to fix tie the shoes the "right" way.

"Alright now we can go." Shilo said prompting Marley to stand up and follow behind him.

"Can I drive your car?" Marley asked excitedly making Shilo laugh out loud, "You have Shedeur on the phone with the body shop every week, no ma'am."

"It's not even that often...and it's always quick fixes." Marley defended herself as she got into his passenger seat.

Shilo shot her a look but didn't say anything else as he pulled out of her driveway, heading to their first destination. After about 15 minutes they pulled up to 'Leon's Paint & Sip', Marley instantly getting excited because she'd never been to one before.

Once inside they got situated with painting aprons, glasses of wine, and art supplies. They sat next to each other, beginning to free paint on their canvases. Due to focus they were working in a comfortable silence for the first five minutes before Shilo spoke.

"Marley I can ask you something?"

"Yea go ahead." Marley said not taking her eyes away from her canvas.

"I feel like me and Shedeur got more differences than we do similarities. So I'm just wondering what you like about me specifically?" Shilo asked, the question had been on his mind for a while now.

The question stumped Marley a bit, only because their were so many admirable qualities that they shared.

"You're a little softer, in a good way though. It's like you're gentle with me but you don't treat me like I'm fragile, it's nice. You're very open, always have been, and that's always been nice. Lastly, I think you're the funnier brother, but don't tell him I said that." Marley said with a chuckle as she noticed the big grin on Shilo's face.

"Great answer." He said. They continued to have random conversation until they both finished their paintings. Marley looked over at his and immediately started to laugh.

"Shi what is that?" she asked making him smack his teeth, "This my hand holding a football, and the bee landing on the football." He explained making Marley laugh even harder.

"Man whatever who your painting supposed to be. A slave?" He asked seriously, making her gasp, and hit his arm.

"That's supposed to be me!" Her response now sent Shilo into a fit of laughter. She folded her arms, hating the fact that his comparison was a little accurate.

"It's nice...for a black history museum." Shilo joked again making Marley chuckle, unable to stifle her laugh.

After taking some pictures, they headed to their next destination which was Dave and Buster's. Another exciting destination because Marley hadn't been in a couple of years. Shilo bought the maximum amount of credits on the card, to maximize time spent there. They made their way to every game, eventually getting to the row of basketball games.

"Come catch this L real quick." Shilo said cockily. Marley smirked, removing her purse to not limit her motion. What was supposed to be one game turned into 4 because Shilo couldn't accept defeat, he smacked his teeth as he looked at the score seeing Marley had won again.

"This just not your sport, it's okay." Marley teased patting his arm, "Whatever come on." Shilo stated leading her to the next game. After playing games, they sat to get some food, eating, and then heading back to Marley's place. The last thing on Shilo's agenda was to have a movie night.

Marley went and changed into more comfortable clothing, bringing blankets and snacks to the living room, and getting comfortable next to Shilo.

"Alright what we watching?" Marley asked while opening one of the rice krispy treats and taking a bite.

"The Hangover, you seen that?" Shilo asked, Marley shaking her head no. He pressed play before draping his arm around her, pulling her closer.

Shilo watched as Marley slowly fell asleep while the movie played, eventually falling asleep himself, all the excitement from the day having worn them out.

Marley couldn't help but wonder what Shedeur would have up his sleeve to try and top Shilo.

While Shilo hoped his efforts would be enough to put him in first place in the race to win Marley's heart.