#005 - 物間寧人

Both boys stood there in awkward silence.

None of them spoke, they only stared at each other.

For a moment, Bakugou considered that he could just erase Shinsou's memories by knocking him on the head. Maybe that way, everything would be normal and they could both act like nothing happened at all. But then later on, a realization hit him.

When he had come to think of it, Shinsou can't see his face entirely because they're both in a dark area. If that's the case, even if he goes to school tomorrow, there is a high chance that he wouldn't be recognized. The voice wouldn't be a problem. After all, it's going to be hard to locate someone by voice alone, especially when there are a lot of people that can potentially have similar voices.

He can still choose the first option though. The option where he can just knock him out in order to make this encounter unknown. However, there is a disadvantage, he doesn't really know if that plan would actually work.

He can't exactly murder him either. After all, he isn't a killer. So he'll have to settle with the second option then: which is to remain hidden in the shadows and get out of here.

To be honest, Bakugou isn't really the type to stay anonymous. But he'll make an exception on this one.

Now that he knows that the strings didn't possess someone again, he'd gladly leave right away. He doesn't wish to get involved with this guy any further. Because it's pointless to stay here and have a chat with him. In fact, he has no business with him to begin with.

There is also one thing that bothered him the most. For some odd reason, he couldn't help but think how eerily familiar this guy is. He couldn't point out why, but something tells him that he shouldn't have met him yet.

"If you don't have anything more to say, I'm gonna fucking leave." Bakugou grumbled and turned around, about to walk away.

But Shinsou stopped him. "Wait."

The blonde paused, waiting for him to continue.

"Those words... who called you that?"

Upon hearing that question, Bakugou was confused at first. He didn't understand why Shinsou was making a weird expression.

"Hah? What the fuck are you talking abou-"

Before he could even finish his sentence, he stopped. He began to realize what words Shinsou was talking about.

He recalled what he said earlier:

"How dare you... How dare you call me a villain!!! I'm not a villain! I'm not.... I won't be!"

At that, Bakugou wished he could vanish right here, right now.

It is a good thing they are in a dark place, because his cheeks are currently pink from embarrassment.

"Oh...that." he muttered. Then he answered, "Fuckin' nobody. None of your damn business!"

Shinsou just stared at him like he's an idiot. "They don't seem like nobody to me."

Because of this, Bakugou recalled more flashbacks:

"So what if I'm a defect! So what if I'm a fucking abomination to this world!!! Saying that... that I should just accept it and die..."

Fuck.

After recalling this flashback, Bakugou ran his hand through his hair, cursing himself for the slip up.

He really needs to be careful. But then again, it was unexpected that the strings could possess someone. So how the fuck should he know? It's not like he could just accuse anyone with orange eyes. Although Shinsou's eyes are purple, there's no way he would have noticed earlier, because they're in a dark area.