8.

"Mr. Stark?" And wouldn't this formula work?" I asked Mr. Stark, handing him a sheet of paper. We were working on improving his suit's speed.
"show" he took my paper. He started to look at it.
"kid, I wouldn't have thought of that! Great, that would work" he told me with a smile. Then he went to the blackboard and started copying the formula.
"Well, we're done for today! I honestly expected it to take a while, but you're fast" he turned to me and smiled. I smiled slightly.
"Um, Mr. Stark, what time is it?" I asked. I don't want to come for the evening meal. Rather, I don't want to get a beating.
He looked at his watch, "um half past eight" I nodded. I still have about three quarters of an hour to get to the orphanage in front of the convenience store.
One of the reasons is, of course, because I arrived by bicycle. Perhaps the only reason. Well, definitely the only reason!
"Well, I'm not whining like you.. But I'm hungry" said Mr. Stark and went to the elevator, I followed him right away.
He turned to me, "Sandwiches?" he said with a smile as we were already going up in the elevator.
I nodded, "sandwiches..." and smiled too.DINGThe door opened. Mr. Stark and I went to the table. He pointed to the chair.I didn't understand him at first and then I realized he wanted me to sit down. So I sat down on that chair. Mr. Stark soon beside me.
We started eating sandwiches, they were good. Of course, I don't get much food in the orphanage.
And that is quite a problem due to a certain metabolism. I'm quite used to it, but I prefer to be able to eat at least a little.
"Do you have a phone with you?" Mr. Stark asked me. I pulled my phone out of my pocket with a broken screen.
He watched him carefully. "What did you do with it?" he asked amused as soon as he saw the cracked display.
"You little FREAK! Dare to say no to me again! You're just a stupid kid! Wherever you go there is tragedy or disaster! If I had a choice back then, I'd put you in the trash!" Mrs. Davis yelled at me when I came to get my groceries.
She took me by the hair and threw me against the wall, I heard some cracking. Then she started beating me.
As I lay on the floor with a broken nose and broken ribs, I looked at my cell phone.
I already know what the crack was, the screen of my mobile, but it worked. That was the main thing. I realized that I had been sitting on the floor for an hour, but I had no plans to get up anytime soon.
"well, it was an accident, I was running and suddenly a wall" sounds like...an excuse!
"Ah, well, I'll dictate my number to you," said Mr. Stark, and I typed everything necessary into my cell phone.

"Can I?" I nodded, "??? ??? ???" I typed the number and checked it. Then I saved it.
,,call or write no matter what! Sure?" and looked at me.
"Sure" I nodded. I immediately looked at the time when I already had the phone in my hand.

20:15
"Um, I'll have to go now Mr. Stark, thank you for the dinner and the-" he immediately cut me off.
,, dare to apologize or thank you. And of course bye" he said and stood up from his chair. I did the same.
"Bye, Mr. Stark" and I went to the door, "Thank you!" I yelled before the door closed.
DING
I got off the elevator, said goodbye to Friday, and went outside.
I got on my bike and started pedaling to the orphanage. It was getting dark. Even though it's summer, it gets dark quite early.
I arrived at the orphanage. Fortunately, Mrs. Davis was already asleep. Although on a chair by the door, she was asleep. I rested.
21:09
Well, here I was in front of the convenience store anyway, I thought to myself as I lay on the dirty blanket.
I still can't believe how much my life has improved. I work with Mr. Stark and I met the Avengers!
There's still the matter of me being a homeless orphan, but that's not important at this point.